cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Entertainment Credit Union 3rd Card????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Entertainment Credit Union 3rd Card????

Hello all...Could someone please help me make this decision.I now have 2 revolving lines of credit(1 reporting so far)..Should I go ahead and open a third CC now since everything is so new anyways and get the ball rolling or is 2 a good number for now??I have access to another credit union(First Entertainment CU) and they offer a great,graduating secured card.I can open my new card there but Im just not sure if i should worry about Inquiries.I have 1 with EQ,TU and 2 inq. with EX.Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Entertainment Credit Union 3rd Card????

As much as we would like to have you as a member of First Entertainment, if your goal is to raise your FICO score, two cards are enough. Just make sure you always make you payments on time, a few days early is best that way you guarantee you'll never be late. Charge and pay, charge and pay and your score will gradually increase over time. Remember, you goal is a higher FICO score, not to be in debt.

If you do decide to get a First entertainment Visa card, we would recommend you close one of the other accounts so you don't get into trouble, i.e. charging more than you can afford to pay. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Entertainment Credit Union 3rd Card????

Thank you for the reply... Im actually trying to build a positive credit history.The score increase is nice but Im mostly creating good payment habits,etc.My other 2 cards are secured as well so im not overextending myself at all.The cards will be PIF everytime since Im not using them to create debt but more as a tool to build and show responsibility.I earn great money now but I need to build my credit up.Also I plan on being a long term member and getting a car loan in a couple of years from you.Heard great things about the CU.I will join in a couple of days.Thanks again for the info.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.