cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Federal Credit Control-- at an impasse-- what do I do next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Federal Credit Control-- at an impasse-- what do I do next?

UPDATE: Experian has already deleted the collection. 

I feel a bit odd/badly about that-- but also very happy that it's off of my report. Waiting to see what the other bureaus say and if I don't get the same resultt, I'll both record a convo with the collection agency and pay it and ensure that they delete it.

If it's deleted off all three, I'll donate $40 to a good cause to ameliorate my guilt. Thanks all!

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update... First Federal collection was deleted on Experian...Now to see if they are going to delete from the other 2...*patiently waiting*

Message 12 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That's good. One down. Hopefully the other two will delete it just as quickly.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sooo... I think I got excited for no reason. Lol. It says deleted on my experian report, but it was never reporting on my experian... I pulled all 3 reports a few weeks ago... It was only showing on Equifax and Transunion... Anyway, waiting to see what happens with the other 2.
Message 14 of 15
rubicon
Regular Contributor

I would like to respectfully save you a lot of time and "shut down" this thread haha

I will tell you FIRST hand that First Federal WILL send you a deletion letter immediately after you pay your debt. I nervously called them trying to figure out how to approach asking for a PFD and the lady immediately offered to delete if I paid the debt. So i rolled the dice not knowing if they would really send me a deletion letter. She took my payment, asked for my email address and I had the letters in my inbox within 15 minutes. She said it would take about 45 days for the removal and I am patiently waiting. In the meantime, I took the liberty of disputing with the CRAs and sending them the letters Smiley Happy
Starting FICO: 5/19/16 EX-586, EQ-555, TU-545
FICO 7/22/16 EX-652, EQ-636, TU-589
FICO 8/22/16 EX-659 EQ-628 TU-612
FICO 10/27/20 EX-687, EQ-664, TU-672
FICO 6/14/23 EX-707 EQ-698 TU-712
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.