Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Financial Asset Management & J C Christensen & Associates; Help

tag
WillF360
Regular Contributor

First Financial Asset Management & J C Christensen & Associates; Help

Hey guys, wife & I are applying for a mortgage, and apparently, when you do so, junk collection agencies come out of the woodworks. 

We applied last week, and then all of the sudden, I receive a call from a number which was later identified as JC Christensen & Associates. I immediately sent a DV for whatever they were calling on.  Sent it CMRR.  Tracked the letter, they apparently moved from the address that I sent the letter to.  I received a letter today at my grandmothers house (which I have NEVER lived).  It says that they were hired by First Financial Asset Management, in regards to an HSBC Credit Card that was charged off I guess in July of 2009.  

I DO NOT have any clue of what this card is. 

I guess my question is, who do I DV, or what should my steps be. They said the debt is just over $1,000.  Have a settlement offer of half if I pay on one time payment. Or I can split it up into 3 payments (saving $350+ it says), or make 12 monthly payments and pay it in full. 

Is DV the correct process?  And do I DV the JC Christensen & Associates, or First Financial Asset Management? Anyone had any dealing with either of them. I'm going to talk to my ex about the account to see if she ever opened one.  I have no clue about it.

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: First Financial Asset Management & J C Christensen & Associates; Help

I would send it to the CA that sent the letter.

Somehow, it seems First Financial Asset Management is linked to Experian, which is a very scary thought  .  http://www.experian.com/consumer-information/client-testimonial-collections-first-financial-asset-ma...

Message 2 of 4
WillF360
Regular Contributor

It's funny, I found that too. That's pretty scary outright.  Somehow I knew you'd be the first to comment here Smiley Happy 

I'll send directly to JC Christensen. They only list a PO Box though, can I still send CMRR? There's no other physical address. Just PO Box 519, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379. 

Just a straight DV?  

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Lol. 

Yes, you can still send it to a PO Box.  They will be notified.  Yes, straight DV, CMRRR.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.