Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First GW Letter, and it worked!!

tag
tvandine
Contributor

Re: First GW Letter, and it worked!!

Can i get a copy of the letter as well! I've got some baddies to get removed!

You don't even want to know how many cards i've got....

Credit Started May 31st, 2014 EQ:710|EX:712|TU:732 FICO:726
Message 31 of 40
goal_seeker
New Contributor

Congrats!!! Can you please PM the GW letter you sent?

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 40
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

PLS share the GW you sent. This is sooooo awesome!!! Thanks in advance

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 40
AlphaKenny
Contributor

Lots of requests for my lucky letter, so I thought it might be easier to just post it up.  Everyone should change the letter up to fit their personal situation.  Also, something I haven't mentioned yet; this was my second attempt.  My first attempt was refused, but this letter worked the second time.  A different person from Citibank signed the bottom of the second response from the first one.  Moral of the story?  Keep trying!  I have to blank out the Citibank address, but if anyone needs it just PM me.  Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date

Your Name

Address 1

Address 2

Citibank, N.A.
Address 1
Address 2

Re: Acct # XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Dear Citibank, N.A.,

I am writing to you today regarding the above referenced credit card account which I had starting in April 2009. I originally applied for the Zales card to help pay for a wedding ring for my wife.  The following year I became unemployed shortly after getting married.  I have since been employed full-time and am very stable where I am at.  The purpose of my correspondence is to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies.

During the time period this account was established I was very happy with the service, I was however not the ideal customer and made mistakes with my handling of the account. I should have kept better records regarding the account and I take full responsibility. I became aware of the unpaid balance when I got a copy of my credit report in April 2014.

I know that payment was my responsibility and I am not attempting to justify this breach of my user agreement, I was however hoping you might review the circumstances under which this non-payment occurred and consider removing the negative trade line associated with this account from my three credit reports.

As soon as I became aware of the balance I contacted the agency that currently owns the account and paid the balance in full. I provide this not to justify why the account was unpaid, but rather to show that the issue with Citibank, N.A. is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that Citibank, N.A. is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

I would like to stress that the information currently being reported IS accurate, (I am not disputing anything with Citibank, N.A.). I am simply asking Citibank, N.A. for a courtesy gesture of goodwill in having the credit bureaus remove this account from my report. I do recognize that this request is unique and that it may not be Citibank, N.A.’s normal policy. Please consider that the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not demand that all accounts be reported, only that any account that is reported be reported accurately. Therefore, a company does have legal discretion and permission to remove any account it chooses from the credit report. I'm hoping that Citibank, N.A. will do that in my case for this account.

Your kind consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Your Name

Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, do you mind sending me a copy of the letter please, thanks
Message 35 of 40
AlphaKenny
Contributor

The letter is right above your post, but I will PM you the address as well.  Good luck!

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding news! 

I had similar results today as well.  I didn't receive a letter response, however the TL was deleted immediately from my CRs.

Thanks for sharing.

Message 37 of 40
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Anyone get the address for this GW success? Can someone PM it to me please?

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a great letter, who could say no to that! I might have to borrow that part about the FCRA. How long had the account been charged off before you sent the letter? Did you just send it to the address that was listed on your CR?
Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.