cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First GW...SUCCESS!!

tag
losiguy

First GW...SUCCESS!!

Hello..new to the forums. Been reading for about 2 weeks. Decided to try a GW letter to my FCU that had one 30 day late on a loan that was paid off by the insurance. Here is my response...

"

Hi Chad,

I am in receipt of your dispute on the 30 day late mark that is reporting on loan #10000xxxx.  I do see that the loan was paid off from insurance, although this is not a credit union error, I have contacted all 3 major credit bureaus to have them delete the 30 day late mark as a onetime goodwill.  This change to your credit can take about 30 days to reflect on your credit.  If you have any further question please let me know.

Sincerely,

Amy ---------

"

I used a template for a GW letter from here and it worked! I'm so glad I found these forums because I would have no idea where to start. Thanks everyone! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by losiguy on 08-11-2009 07:27 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First GW...SUCCESS!!

Way to go!!!
Message 2 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Excellent!!!!!  Now if all GW's were that easy!!!  Smiley Wink

Just an FYI...if that's your real acct #....change it to x's   like so : #xxxxxxxxxx

I'm totally a nut about identity theft!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats...i getting ready to send out my first set of GW letters.  i paid off a vehicle in jan 09 and throughout the loan i had (1) 30 day and 2x 60day.  which is odd b/c the 60 day was back to back.  anyways before i ramble congrats...let me know who the rest goes.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.