Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First GW Success!

tag
mwlcolorado
Established Member

First GW Success!

Back in March I sent out my first GW letter.  I deployed overseas late last year shortly after using my Firestone card for some new tires(first time I used the card in awhile.)  I had everything on Auto pay or had my wife set up to pay the bills.  I'm not sure where the confusion began, but fast forward to February of this year and I got the credit report alert in my email.  I logged in to myFico and discovered I had a fresh 30 day late.  I immediately went online and paid the account in full.  I was devistated.  I had no late payments on my report since a Wells Fargo NA auto loan back in 09/10(2 spread out over 4 months due to a divorce - I was the cosigner.)  I started by using the Email function on the CFNA website.  They replied and had me send them a physical copy of my deployment orders.  I mailed them a copy of the letter with a copy of my orders.  I never heard anything back after that.  I'm not fauling them for that, the mail system here is awful and it probably never even left this country.  Anyway, early July I decided to email them again and this time I attached a copy of my orders to my email.  About two weeks later I recieved notice that whereas I wasn't eligible for SCRA benefits they did make a courtesy adjustment to my account.  Thank God!!  

Now if I could only get WFNA drop off, I'd be free and clear of any negative marks on my report.

Starting Score: 626 (EQ) / 646 (TU) / 631 (EX) 10 January 2015
Current Score: 775 (EQ) / 776 (TU) / 754(EX) 30 July 2015
Goal Score: 801

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First GW Success!

Congrats!
Message 2 of 8
mwlcolorado
Established Member

Thank you!  I was a little worried because I've read that very few people have been successful with gw's to them. 

Starting Score: 626 (EQ) / 646 (TU) / 631 (EX) 10 January 2015
Current Score: 775 (EQ) / 776 (TU) / 754(EX) 30 July 2015
Goal Score: 801

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mwlcolorado wrote:

Back in March I sent out my first GW letter.  I deployed overseas late last year shortly after using my Firestone card for some new tires(first time I used the card in awhile.)  I had everything on Auto pay or had my wife set up to pay the bills.  I'm not sure where the confusion began, but fast forward to February of this year and I got the credit report alert in my email.  I logged in to myFico and discovered I had a fresh 30 day late.  I immediately went online and paid the account in full.  I was devistated.  I had no late payments on my report since a Wells Fargo NA auto loan back in 09/10(2 spread out over 4 months due to a divorce - I was the cosigner.)  I started by using the Email function on the CFNA website.  They replied and had me send them a physical copy of my deployment orders.  I mailed them a copy of the letter with a copy of my orders.  I never heard anything back after that.  I'm not fauling them for that, the mail system here is awful and it probably never even left this country.  Anyway, early July I decided to email them again and this time I attached a copy of my orders to my email.  About two weeks later I recieved notice that whereas I wasn't eligible for SCRA benefits they did make a courtesy adjustment to my account.  Thank God!!  

Now if I could only get WFNA drop off, I'd be free and clear of any negative marks on my report.

Congrats, and thank you for your service!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AhmedInVA wrote:

@mwlcolorado wrote:

Congrats, and thank you for your service!

Ditto!

Message 6 of 8
dt3813
Regular Contributor

I think anyone deployed should come back to a perfect credit score at the very least!!!!  No deployed family should ever struggle.  They should be calling YOU to take baddies off.  THANK YOU for keeping us safe!

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 7 of 8
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Amen to that! Thank you for your service!!!

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.