Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Collection Bureau

tag
Zach76
Established Member

First National Collection Bureau

I got a letter from them today.  This is the initial communication. They begin by claiming Resurgent Capital Services, LP as their client, However, elsewhere in the letter they identify LVNV as the current creditor.   The original creditor was First Premier Bank.  
  Google let me know that Resurgent and LVNV are affiliated entities.  
  They're claiming a balance of $1256.04, but will settle with me for $376.81.  There's no way this debt, which is way past the SOL, was any more than $400.  I need to find out if they're legally allowed to add these fees and interest either by contract or state law.

Oddly enough, at the end of the letter, they state:

"The law limits how long you can be sued on a debt. Because of the age of your debt. LVNV Funding LLC will not sue you for it, and LVNV Funding LLC will not report it to any credit reporting agency."

I've never seen such honesty from a collection agency.

However, they failed to give me any of the spiel about validating the debt, the initial 30 days, basically all the info contained in § 809. Validation of debts of the FDCPA.

That's a very basic miss on their part.

Obviously, I have no intention of sending them a dime, but it seems they've violated my rights.

Has anyone ever dealt with them? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First National Collection Bureau

Looks like you've got yourself a Zombie there.  It's past the SOL and past the CRTP.   It does look they are contacting you in a positve manner by telling you it is.  It will probably be sold again and you'll have a bottom feeder on your hands.   I know you said you don't want to send them a dime, but have you thought about offering them $50 to kill the debt and not sell it?   Just a thought.   Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.