Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Credit Card

tag
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

First National Credit Card

Has anyone ever had any success with this company (out of Sioux Falls, SD)  getting an account removed through good-wills?  

I've been sending them letters since November of last year and all I ever get is a canned form letter every time.  Supposedly they've sold this account to "LHR" but I've never heard from this company (that I can remember anyway) and this company isn't listed anywhere on my reports (knock on wood).  And to top that off, I contacted LHR and they've sold it to a 3rd company (Millenium Financial) who I've also never heard from (& isn't listed anywhere).

This is an old account from 2009 that I'm willing to pay in full if they'll just remove themselves.  Does anyone have a contact or any advice?  

And on a related matter...should I maybe just leave it alone?  Part of me wonders if I keep sending letters to First National they're going to eventually forward something to LHR and that'll pop up on my reports.

Thanks!

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First National Credit Card

@joeyoey wrote:

Has anyone ever had any success with this company (out of Sioux Falls, SD)  getting an account removed through good-wills?  

I've been sending them letters since November of last year and all I ever get is a canned form letter every time.  Supposedly they've sold this account to "LHR" but I've never heard from this company (that I can remember anyway) and this company isn't listed anywhere on my reports (knock on wood).  And to top that off, I contacted LHR and they've sold it to a 3rd company (Millenium Financial) who I've also never heard from (& isn't listed anywhere).

This is an old account from 2009 that I'm willing to pay in full if they'll just remove themselves.  Does anyone have a contact or any advice?  

And on a related matter...should I maybe just leave it alone?  Part of me wonders if I keep sending letters to First National they're going to eventually forward something to LHR and that'll pop up on my reports.

Thanks!

You cannot pay FNCC they are not the legal owners, you can only pay the legal owners. If you wish to settle it I would be contacting that Mill Financial before they show up on your reports. Continue sending 1 letter a month to FNCC until it either is removed or it ages off. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

a complain to the federal reserve of the United States gets every bank's attention immediately. Not the CFPB, not FTC or OCC just federal Reserve.

In complaint be specific what exactly it is that you want? if address/account #/ date sold/ DOFD/Addresses of CA/JDB be specific

You will hear back sooner than you thought.

Reserve Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System

Message 3 of 8
sjt
Senior Contributor

@joeyoey wrote:

Thanks!

Have you check your CR recently and see what is listed?

Also when you locate the JDB of your debt always debt validate so you know they are indeed the rightful owner of the debt.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 8
eoliver89
Established Member

Hi Joey,

I am in the same EXACT situtation as you. I am afraid to keep bugging them...I think I may just let this one be as well. Let me know if you ever find out anything.

Message 5 of 8
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

This is probably the crookedest operation I've ever dealt with.  Their information on each of my reports is different.  There's no consistency with them on anything they've reported.  I think this is set to come off in  2016 but now I'm not so sure.  My last payment to them was in Dec. 2009.  It was charged off in March 2010 & sold in 2011.  Even though I didn't make a payment since Dec. 2009 they have a 90+ late for Nov. 2011 showing on my report.  When I called them to see if I could get some information on when this will stop reporting I was told "7-10 years".  "7-10 years????"

After being transferred to 5 different people, none of whom could give me a straight answer, I finally got someone in the "reporting" department who says he'll research it and call me back.

test

Message 6 of 8
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Assuming I wanted to go the Federal Reserve route, is this the address I should use?

Federal Reserve Consumer Help
P.O. Box 1200
Minneapolis, MN 55480

I'm so frustrated b/c I've come so far the past few months & this company (by farrrrrrrrr) is the least professional to deal with.  With all their reporting inconsistecies, my OCD is about to drive me over the edge.

test

Message 7 of 8
sjt
Senior Contributor

@joeyoey wrote:

This is probably the crookedest operation I've ever dealt with.  Their information on each of my reports is different.  There's no consistency with them on anything they've reported.  I think this is set to come off in  2016 but now I'm not so sure.  My last payment to them was in Dec. 2009.  It was charged off in March 2010 & sold in 2011.  Even though I didn't make a payment since Dec. 2009 they have a 90+ late for Nov. 2011 showing on my report.  When I called them to see if I could get some information on when this will stop reporting I was told "7-10 years".  "7-10 years????"

After being transferred to 5 different people, none of whom could give me a straight answer, I finally got someone in the "reporting" department who says he'll research it and call me back.

FNBO credit reporting entry should show the debt coming off on or around June 2016 (7 years + 180 days from your last payment) If your CR show something different then you need to dispute those incorrect entries.

Also if FNBO sold the debt to LHR and they then sold to Millenium Financial, then the LHR entry should be removed from your report. I would contact Millenium regarding this debt. If they do have it, then ask for their address and send them a DV letter to confirm they are the legal owners of the debt.

Also, Once a bank sells the debt they have no control over what happens after the debt is sold.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.