cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First PFD Success- How to pay? How to send?

tag
bman1029
Established Member

First PFD Success- How to pay? How to send?

I just received an email back from Capital Accounts LLC, general counsel, their response:

At this time, we will accept $82.00 as payment in full. This is the final verification of the debt. Please promptly submit payment. When we receive the payment, I will request a deletion of the account from your credit report. Please note that the request will be submitted to the three national credit reporting agencies. We can submit the request, but we cannot guarantee that it will be deleted immediately.

So, first of all, anyone see any issues with their response?  Seems like a slam dunk to me.

Now, I want to live up to my end of the deal and get the payment out promptly.  Can I send a personal check?  I've read mixed reviews about this being that it gives the CA your checking account and routing info, however, I am paying this debt in full so I wouldnt expect any shennanigans out of them.  Secondly,  should I send the payment CMRRR?  I'm not sure of the protocol in doing so.  I obviously want to make sure they get it, and the cashed check will serve as my receipt, but I don't want to over do it where I dont need to.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: First PFD Success- How to pay? How to send?

I would get a certified check from my financial institution and definitely send CMRRR.
Message 2 of 4
bman1029
Established Member

What about a money order instead?  Nothing against getting a certified check from my bank, it just that my bank is USAA.  So I have to online request a check be sent through the mail, etc, etc.  Just dont want to let this linger too long before getting them their payment.

Message 3 of 4
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

I don't see that being a problem. Just send CMRRR
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.