Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First PFD success!

tag
rinstarangel
Established Member

First PFD success!

Thanks to this great board and another member sending me an example PFD letter, I am on my way up!  I have 2 collection accounts - they both show on two reports from CRA's and one is the only one on another CRA report. 

One was for an old Patient First debt that was originally $45 and after the years and being passed around to different collection agencies, the current amount is at $100.  Receivables Management Systems holds this account and I PFD'd them through email on 5/3/11 and YESTERDAY I received a signed response letter saying they agree to delete the account from my credit report after receiving my $100 payment!  Smiley Happy  So, I will be sending that payment out at the beginning of the week. 

But how should I send the funds?  If I do it by personal check, they have my bank account information.  If I send it by money order, I don't really have any proof.  So what do I do to pay them and have proof?

The other account is also from years ago.  It was from a cancelled cell phone account from back when AT&T Wireless was Cingular, originally $180.  After being sent to multiple collection agencies, the total is now $245.  I sent them a PFD through email on 5/3/11, as well as a certified letter on 5/5/11.  I didn't specify an amount, but asked for a settlement amount.  I am awaiting response from that.

After YEARS of ignoring my credit downfalls and stupidity, at 30 I am finally addressing them...and it feels great!  Glad to see that with some effort and persistence, I can eventually come out of this!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rinstarangel
Established Member

Re: First PFD success!

I've looked around the forum trying to find the answer to my question above regarding how I should issue my payment to the CA, but have not been able to find anything.  Can anyone help me with this?

TIA

Message 2 of 5
tamdugg1980
Contributor

I'm a newbie and probably should be the LAST person to respond to this, but I think the best method to pay off that account would be for you to send a money order.  If you are concerned about proof, you can always send it, CMRRR.  Also, make sure to make copies of the money order and any correspondance that you send with it.  That way you have proof for yourself.  I'm not sure if this helps and maybe one of the vets of the group can chime in!  

Im in the same boat as you waiting to hear back regarding my PFD....*crosses fingers* 

Starting score: (April 2011) 530 - myFICO EQ
Current score: (04/2012) EQ - 608 (myFICO), EX FAKO - 671, TU FAKO - 619

Let's see what happens once they report minus the late payments!!!!!!
Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@rinstarangel wrote:

I've looked around the forum trying to find the answer to my question above regarding how I should issue my payment to the CA, but have not been able to find anything.  Can anyone help me with this?

TIA

I agree that paying by certified funds; cashier's check or money order is the way to go. Never by personal check and never give anyone your bank account information.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats I know how great it feels!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.