Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First PREMIER - WHAT to do ?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First PREMIER - WHAT to do ?!

These people are evil !  I have a 6.4 year old CO with FP that reports MONTHLY UNPAID as a CO, to all 3 bureuas.  I know it must be killing my score even though it is so old due to reporting monthly as a CO not paid.  It is due ot age off in APRIL, as an EARLY EXCLUSION .. my question is, IF I PAY these people NOW, will I see any score benefit? They have so far refused PFD and all that, I have tried every route possible even thewir lawyer -- who was horrendous to deal with as well.

I have one more letter in to a higher up for a PFD, using the strategy that it is aging off in 8 months and I am offering FULL PAYMENT of $420.  I am told all different stories:

* If I pay it off, my scores may actually DROP temporarily due to updating status -- but it updates monthly as unpaid anyways CO, so this makes no sense to me

* If I pay it off, my scores may rise a bit, as it will STOP reporting monthly and repoort as closed and PAID CO, then rise greatly when its off completely

I'm lost and need guidance.  I can afford the $420 and this is my LAST BIG BADDIE!!!!  I have a few 30 daty lates from a year ago .. my scores are averaging 640, up from 570s not long ago.  I'd love to see this removed but have few options left ... do I pay or let it age off ?!!  I am looking to app for some prime cards for travel as I will be going abroad much of 2016 -- and the only reason they cited for denial on manual review was this unpaid CO!!!  HELP!  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First PREMIER - WHAT to do ?!

Unless you're looking for some kind of loan very soon, let it age and save the cash.  At this point, simply having an updated collection showing as paid will probably do more damage than good. You've been patient enough thus far, just gotta see it out a little longer and EE will be your friend. And as for the reporting monthly as paid, you shouldn't worry too much about that as it isn't doing any more damage to you than when it was first reported.  I've had an unpaid collection from 2011 update twice since July through Experian and have lost 0 points.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First PREMIER - WHAT to do ?!

Thanks !! It's just so hard to wait lol. Aging off in 5-6 months so I can do it. I think I lost 75 PT when this reported !!! So here's hoping.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.