cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Post. Please help me

tag
sunny8811

First Post. Please help me

Hello, I've been on here everyday for the last couple of weeks. I've just now joined so I can get in some feedback. I've pulled my credit report and I have 6 Charge Offs ( Capital one, Care Credit, JCP, Hsbc, Credit One and Walmart) Credit One is reporting a 0 balance but its also not reporting a CA. The collections I have on my account are; Cavalry- DOFD 3/2010 Midland - DOFD 9/09 Midland - DOFD 11/09 Midland DOFD 9/08 Portfolio DOFD 3/2010 and Online Collections (utility) DOFD 1/2010. I also have 4 medical collections but I really want to work on the other ones first. From all my searching on here it seems like I have the hardest CA to get off! What should I do? Just keep sending PFD? Should I pay and then GW? If I pay less then the amount I owe can the CA update it to Pay in Full instead of Settled as I think Paid in Full would look alot better if the CA just wont delete. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Post. Please help me

Your scores won't know the difference between a PIF and a settlement, but it would be noticeable under a manual review.  You do have some diffficult OCs and CAs to deal with, but anything is doable.  I would try for a few times with PFDs, and if that doesn't pan out, then I would pay and then GW.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
sunny8811

Re: First Post. Please help me

I just hate paying the CA if they wont delete. I know that this debt is mine though, so I should pay it. Thanks for your advice. Ill keep sending in PFD and hopefully atleast one of them will budge. Does anyone have any contact for any of the collections?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.