Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Post. Question on Reporting Late Payments

tag
ofiligrana
Valued Member

First Post. Question on Reporting Late Payments

I just wanted to say hi and say that these forums ar great for people that need to rebuild there credit. I have gone from 517 TU to 613, 518 EQ to 629, and an Experian from other site 687 on one site and 663 from actual Experian site no sure why that much of difference if both have same info. I have a car loan from Membersource CU for 06 BMW and have had 5 30 days late got married last year and payed for everything myself and had drop in hours so was barely making it. I am up to date now actually saving money now. My question is TU reports the 5 late payments and EX and EQ dont they both show all payments on time 0 lates is this normal to see and can I call TU and see if they are willing to change the late payments to OK. I have called the CU and they said they cannot do this, as I have read other people doing this. Not sure what do at this point. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Starting Score: 586TU 595EQ 580EX

Goal Score: 700TU 700EQ 720EX

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Post. Question on Reporting Late Payments

Welcome to the forums!

I wouldn't contact the CRAs. There may be a chance that TU will delete the TL instead of removing any lates or in some cases, the OC might opt to delete all three.

I would go back and ask for some goodwill again via a GW letter from the lender. Try different contact info this time. Also, at some point, try sending your GW letters to the Pres/CEO of the CU.

Message 2 of 4
ofiligrana
Valued Member

Ok I will give it a shot see what happens the worst they can say is no. I was thinking maybe stating on there that I am willing to opt to automatic withdraw payment anything to better my score. I have just this and one baddie from when I signed an apartment for my sister and she messed it up so they and charged 1172 for replacing the CARPET, I WAS THINKING WOULD THAT HAVE BEEN COVERED BY NOT RETURNING THE DEPOSIT? Only thing she messed was not taking pictures when she first moved in of the carrpet. But oh well lesson learned I should have gone and double checked everything was in order bfore she turned in keys. Thanks for the advice.

Starting Score: 586TU 595EQ 580EX

Goal Score: 700TU 700EQ 720EX

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

TU is not even a player in who reports what.  They record and include in your CR what creditors report to them.

The CRA has no authority whatsover to modify or delete accurate information reported to them.

Your recourse is to ask the CU for GW deletion.  If they agree, then they  reprot the deletion to the CRA.  If they decline, there really is nothing you can do, if the lates were accurate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.