Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Approval after old Charge off with First premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier Approval after old Charge off with First premier

Good Morning, Just wanted to give some hope to people trying to get an unsecured card. I originally had a card with First Premier back in 2006. It was charged off. I then recently applied (8/20/09) for a regular First Premier card but was turned down since they say you cannot have more than one card with their company. I then received a link to the First Premier black card. I applied (8/29/09) and of course got the message that my application needed to be reviewed. I pulled my report today and it the First Premier account is listed as opened on 9/09. My other First Premier account is still on my report but I am hoping after a couple months of good payment on my new card, I will be able to GW the old account. I only have the two credit cards on my report so I am hoping the additional limit will increase score. My low score is mainly because of medical collections, but that’s for another post.

Scores: Eq 535 Ex 584 Trans: 574

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier Approval after old Charge off with First premier

That is amazing we have the same scores with each cb with about 5 points off and the same story with FP. What are you doing to raise your scores higer? Are you thinking of getting a secured card?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

similar story happened with my husband. Capital One - had an old charge off - they re-offered him a secured card three years later. Weird.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card is an unsecured card, but I do have to pay all of the intial start up costs. I just did not want to send $300 for an unsecured card even though it is a better interest rate. I do not plan on using it except for maybe $10 a month. I need to build my revolving credit since I have none except for the other charge off.

I have sent Pre-Hippa letters. So far I have had 8/15 medical collections deleted without being paid. I'm praying they will not show up again. I recently disputed a NCO from Bank of America and was surprised when it was too deleted from my Experian. It was the only report showing the collection.

I do have an auto loan that has a late payment that is over two years old.

Other than that I am continuing to get all of the medical collections removed and hopfully in the futre GW First Premier for the collections.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI

It looks like they only pulled TransUnion

Score: 565

Message 5 of 6
pooky3

Hello, will you give me the info you used for NCO Bank of America? Thanks.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.