Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier/Asset Question

tag
lee09
Established Member

First Premier/Asset Question

I had a credit card with first premier that was charged off. I just called First Premier and they say it was sold to assest acceptance and they cannot accept payment Asset is not on my credit report yet and I don't recall ever getting anything from them. I want to pay it but want to do it correctly so that Asset doesn't report it. Should I call them or send a DV or PFD letter?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lee09
Established Member

Re: First Premier/Asset Question

Bump

Message 2 of 5
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

when you say 'so they dont report it', ill assume the OC is reporting but the CA is NOT (yet). if thats the case, then PFD is useless...youre asking them to delete something that doesnt exist (they can only delete their own entried, not the OC's. youre stuck dealing with FPB for their entry...which they already refused payment do dont bother PFD'in them).

so, sure you could DV them (the CA, you cant DV the OC), but if you know its yours its likely to just -insert expletive here- them off.

personally, id call them up (some people only write, i just prefer gettin it done ASAP). make payment arrangements on the condition that it stays "in-house" (just means they wont report to CRAs in exchange for your cooperation). now, whether theyd agree to it is anyone guess.

you could PIF now, BEFORE they report and the issue is moot...i just assumed it wasnt an option or youdve just paid em already. but if you have ANY means to do so, id do it and be done. even max a card out to do it...high util will hurt alot less than a fresh CA...and you can always just pay if off later and no long term damage done.

Message 3 of 5
lee09
Established Member

Yes First Premier is reporting it. It just says sold 0 balance. Asset is not reporting at all yet. I only know that is who it is with because first premier told me. I can pif. It is a small amount. I just wasn't sure it was advisable to call a CA. Guess I will give it a shot.

Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You would have to try and contact Asset.  The OP no longer has the debt so you will have to deal with the CA.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.