Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Charge Off and Collection

tag
SoshiHomie84
New Contributor

First Premier Charge Off and Collection

Hello all. I am a little confused and would like some insight.

I had a First Premier card with a $250 limit in college. It was charged off and send to Midland Collections agency for $466. 

If Midland agrees to a PFD, will it remove both First Premier and their Collection account on my report? Right now both First Premier and Midland are showing. Or must I take my chances, do a PFD with Midland, and hope that a goodwill letter might get First Premier off the report?

I am just unsure if a PFD with the collection company (Midland) removes both the collection account and the original negatives from First Premier, or will I need to just let the First Premier age off after 7 years. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Premier Charge Off and Collection

@tomas247 wrote:

Hello all. I am a little confused and would like some insight.

I had a First Premier card with a $250 limit in college. It was charged off and send to Midland Collections agency for $466. 

If Midland agrees to a PFD, will it remove both First Premier and their Collection account on my report? Right now both First Premier and Midland are showing. Or must I take my chances, do a PFD with Midland, and hope that a goodwill letter might get First Premier off the report?

I am just unsure if a PFD with the collection company (Midland) removes both the collection account and the original negatives from First Premier, or will I need to just let the First Premier age off after 7 years. 

A PFD with Midland would not cause FP to remove their posting.  You would have to try a GW with FP.   Now FP would have to update to $0 if they were reporting a balance.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
SoshiHomie84
New Contributor

Thanks so much. That's how I thought it would work!

Hopefully I can settle with Midland and have them delete on their end at least. 

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Alternately, if the OC still owns the debt, you could make your PFD offer to them, and thus attempt to get the charge-off all all reported monthly delinquenicies removed, then address the collection via a GW request.

Granted, most consumers will want the collcetion deleted, and that is the usual first approach.

However,if the debt collector wont do a PFD, then you might still be able to get the OC reporting deleted if they will accept a PFD.

If the OC accepts payment, they must notify the debt collector that the debt is now satisifed, which would require the debt collector to close their collection and report a $0 remaining under their collection.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.