Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Charge-off Delete Success and Credit Management LP Delete

tag
brandnew86

First Premier Charge-off Delete Success and Credit Management LP Delete

Hi Everyone!

Backstory

I have been using this forum coupled with an awesome credit repair guide to tackle my recent credit issues. I had a decent score of about 650ish, and a couple of late payments that were about to fall off in the next year or 2. Low and behold, I had to move when my landlord (a family member) abruptly placed their unit on the market leaving me with a 2 month heads up and an immediate action list to prep for the sale. Let's not even mention that this is in December. I spent an astronomical amount of money having to move most of my furniture to storage, paying for move-in fees at my new place + advanced rent, and paying for movers...the list goes on. The unit finally went on the market in February and sold within a week. Between the time it sold and my move-in date at my new apartment, my score took a nose dive...quickly. As I tried to pay off bills from Christmas, and keep up with the normal flow of things, it became too much in February. I couldn't keep up with all of my minimum payments and my usual bills. I am trying to purchase a home in 2017 so I have been obsessed with trying to repair my credit. I am currently in the NACA mortgage program in which you have to be 1 year free of late payments before you can go to underwriting.

Negative Situation

I had a First Premier CO which I could never seem to get removed. I sent GW letters, called, disputed with all the bureaus...nothing seemed to work. All I would get is an updated settlement offer. Because I stopped monitoring my credit report like a hawk, I'm not sure when it fell off of EX and EQ, but of course TU is hanging on in there. I eventually stopped trying with them. Fast-forward a couple of years, I discover this amazing credit repair guide that I ordered in desperation. She advises everyone to not take her examples word-for-word, but make them your own. When she added a copy of her delete letter and dispute letter from First Premier, I figured that I would at least give it a try.

Action

I actually used one of the Debt Verification sample letters as my guide and completely made it my own. I didn't use any legal jargon or credit expert lingo (which I had done in the past from the free sample letters floating around online). The following is the general outline of my letter:

• explained what "alleged"  negative action on my credit report caused me to contact them
  • asked for legal proof that I was contractually obligated to pay the debt
  • acknowledged that this was not a refusal to pay 
  • explained I didn't want inaccurate information being reported
  • pointed out an issue or two that made this account look suspect (for lack of a better word for this post) on my report
  • mentioned that 30 days was enough time provide the legal supporting documentation
  • kindly asked for an immediate removal
  • thanked them for their assistance.
  • did not add signature.

I mailed the letter to the correspondence address listed on the FPB CC help page https://www.mypremiercreditcard.com/help.aspx. I sent it via certified mail and added a return receipt. It costs about $6.50 total (well worth the money in the end). 

Result

Patience grasshopper! I received 1 letter basically stating that they are the original creditor and not a debt collector...the identity was verified in accordance to the USA Patriot Act...if you disagree with how it's being reported dispute with your local consumer credit reporting agency...blah blah blah. At the end of the 1st letter, they said they were updating my account to "disputed". I got a 2nd letter the same day from the same Customer Service Department contact in which was a delete letter!!!! WOO-HOO!!! I know FPB has a reputation for being difficult to remove which is why I felt obligated to share my success story. I hope this information helps someone, or at least provides a glimmer of hope when dealing with FPB. FYI: I used the same structured DV letter for 2 collections and another CO. So far, Credit Management LP has been deleted as well. Merchant’s Credit Guide sent a letter stating that they are requesting documentation from their client and will cease collections activity if the client doesn't reply in a timely manner. I'll follow-up 30 days from when I sent my DV letter and request immediate removal...not sure what their definition of "timely manner" is. I have not benefited from a significant score increase yet because another collection (from a company I have never received a notice from) hit my credit report within a day of FPB and Credit Management LP falling off. I'll provide an update to you all. 

Starting Score EQ: 547 - TU:541 - EX: 555
Current Score EQ: 547 - TU: 541 - EX: 555
Goal Score: 750+
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier Charge-off Delete Success and Credit Management LP Delete

Congrats!  I just used and FCRA with BBB and had success as well (now just waiting for the removals).

Message 2 of 3
stinastina
Established Contributor

Re: First Premier Charge-off Delete Success and Credit Management LP Delete

I was able to get a delete also due to inconsistencies. I tried PFD but they did not care. I not only sent them a letter citing the FCRA rule about contacting the creditor directly, but also went the BBB route and the CB complaint. They initially responded on BBB that these were normal discrepancies and tough luck but I finally provided the credit reports and they said they would delete everything. I am so glad for this forum ans what I've learned here. Smiley Very Happy

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.