Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Charge off

tag
mlcole07
Established Member

First Premier Charge off

I had a charge off from First Premier it was paid for less than the full amount. I did that before I knew that you could negotiate with these guys for a pay and delete. I tried a GW letter to see if they would take it off a year early but it was a no go! Actually got a very rude letter stating that they won't change their mind in the future on the matter either.....I couldn't believe the attitude that poured out of that letter!! So I was thinking of calling them and offereing to pay the remaining amount so that is paid in full if they will delete it....anyone ever do this before with success???

Starting Score: 542
Current Score: 577
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Premier Charge off

@mlcole07 wrote:

I had a charge off from First Premier it was paid for less than the full amount. I did that before I knew that you could negotiate with these guys for a pay and delete. I tried a GW letter to see if they would take it off a year early but it was a no go! Actually got a very rude letter stating that they won't change their mind in the future on the matter either.....I couldn't believe the attitude that poured out of that letter!! So I was thinking of calling them and offereing to pay the remaining amount so that is paid in full if they will delete it....anyone ever do this before with success???

Forget it you will be wasting your money for nothing. FP & Cap-1 are no go on PFD right up to the CRTP. FP will also most likely be a no go on GW to the CRTP as well, start asking the CRAs to delete early 6 months in advance.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Since they accepted your payment as full satisfaction of the debt, there is no debt that they are now entitled to receive.

It would be very questionalbe for them to accept $$ when they have no account receivable on their books to  apply the payment, particularly when their reportting agreement with the CRAs includes their business agreement not to even delete based on payment of the debt itlelf.  Payment when there is no longer even a debt begins to have a odor.

Perhaps they could legitimately accept a charitable donation?.........

I see nothing improper in your making an offer, however I would suspect some concern by their legal and accounting staff.

Personally, I would stick to a good-will request directed to a mnagement official, with some offered incentive of your future buiness rather that a payoff for that "service."

Message 3 of 4
lesse
Frequent Contributor

I've tried many of times FP Is one of the no gos
START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.