Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Co

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

First Premier Co

Hey all,

Anyone in the forum have a FP CO and past credit repoprts?   Go back and look at your old reports to make sure the CO wasn't changed to CA, then back to CO.

They did this to me and turned a 5 1/2 yr CO into an 18 mo old CO becasue it reports as a new CO.

I sued Experian mainly because they kept verifying the inaccurate info and now they are barred from FP reporting to them.  But now I see it is on my TU and Equifax.

FP keeps telling me it is the CRA's fault.  

Just FYI 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: First Premier Co

Confused....

A CO and a collection are entirely separate reportings.

How does one change a charge-off to a collection?

If the OC reported a charge-off and the debt collector separately reported a collection, I dont see the connection.

Each required the reporting party to have reported the DOFD on the OC account to the CRAs.  Is the issue one of their reporting of different DOFDs based on the same debt?

Message 2 of 6
IWOL
Established Contributor

I have the same exact issue with FP. On EQ it was showing as a chargeoff and then in Feb they chaged it to a colection. This is a 6 year old charge off and now EQ treats it like I had a missed payment 6 months ago.

Ive sent a direct dispute to FP regarding this innacuracy in reporting and they also keep telling me that they are reporting correctly and that " CB's show certain information differently" and that if I have questions about how the information shows I need to contact the CRA's

I have disputed with the CB's but they keep verifying the information.

I have thought about suing FP with the hopes that a lawsuit will get them to delete. I sent them a letter of intent to sue and that did not do much, they just responded with the same letter.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the debt collector had previously reported a CO, and now is reporting a collection referral, that is not the "changing" of the CO to a collection.

They are apples and oranges.

Both could remain, or they could have deleted prior reporting of the CO when updating the status to a collection referral.

I dont see a clear error in reporting.

Regardless, the reporting of a collection referral is not the reporting of a new delinquency on the part of the consumer, it is the reporting of an action they took in furtherance of their efforts to collect on the debt.

Each reporting requires that they provide the DOFD on the account to the CRA within 90 days thereafter, and that date alone governs its ultimate CR exclustion of both no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD.  The reporting of the additional collection referral does not alter that date.

What was the specific inaccuracy that was asserted in the prior dispute, and what is the specific violation of the FCRA upon which you are threatening legal action?

Message 4 of 6
virgo
Established Contributor

They reported the account as charged off in 09/2008.   Then ND until 12/10 when they changed it to CA.  Then ND until  12/11 when they changed if to CO again. 

I thought it was just on Experian and believed them when they said it was their fault.  I checked my other reports and its on their also.

I dont know how but they are changing the status of the account.  Since they are still updating TU and Equifax, it now appears I have a 18 mo CO instead of 5 1/2 years. 

I figured this wasn't an isolated incident.  It has to be something to do with how they are putting the info in their system.

I am pming the info to whoever wants to call them directly.

Message 5 of 6
virgo
Established Contributor

Hi Robert,

It is not a collection referral.  It is reported as CA in the status and payment history and this conincides with the DATE OF STATUS.  When they changed it to CO everything went with it.

FP doesn't sell or assign their accounts so maybe this has something to do with it.  As a matter of fact when it gets changed to CA and you call, they tell you you have to call Jefferson Capitol. But I did that and Jeff Cap says they cant help me because they are not reporting, which is true. 

The rep for Ex who went to court couldnt understand it until I shoved the report in her face.  It was corredted before we left the courthouse.

After it is CO'd They can try to collect till the cows come home and a CA can report the account also. They can also report CO everyday if they want to. That's not whats happening here.  When they chane from CO to CA to CO  the DATE OF STATUS changes with it and that is what makes it appear newer than it is. 

I could never understand why the monitoring systems were telling me I had a NEW CO or NEW CA when this is the only bad thing on my reports. Then I started going over my old reports.  

The FCRA violation for one is failure to correct info after being provided proof. 

Sinces they are still updating my TU and Equifax the damage is still being done.   Thank you for responding.  (I keep forgetting that)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.