Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Credit Card

tag
Ello2100

First Premier Credit Card

Hello all,

Big mistake on getting the FPBC but I was young and stupid. Got more savvy in rebuilding my credit. I now have a Capital One, secured CC with a credit union, student loan and installment payment (VW car payment). NEVER LATE by the way :smileyhappy: Now I have a little problem with FP...they are reporting the wrong information! A 30 day and 60 day late payment!!! from last year. Now, I pulled my bank statements and I have one late payment (one day after due date) NOTHING ELSE!

I already called them and they were not helpful at all. I was told they are reporting accurately.

What should be my next step? HELP PLZ!

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: 566
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: First Premier Credit Card

Send them a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8) along with your supporting documentation.  I strongly recommend that you NOT dispute through a CRA, as they wont send all of your supporting documentation to the creditor.  Your records appear to be the crux of your dispute.

That requires them to conduct a formal investigation, and report the results back to you within 30 days.  If they cannot verify the accuracy, they are required to correct or delete the reporting.  Corrrection would not be an option on their part, as the issue is a simple yes or no... it was a reportable delinquency or it was not.

Be sure to address the one late by pointing out that being late on a payment does not give rise to reporting of a 30-late to a CRA.

The delinquency must extend more than 30 days past the billing due date to be a reportable delinquency.

Message 2 of 3
Ello2100

Re: First Premier Credit Card

Thank you so much for your help! I will send out my letter along with my evidence tomorrow.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: 566
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.