Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Delete Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier Delete Question

01/06/16 ************************* UPDATE *************************

Turns out the FP debt was from my wife and I'm an authorized user. I spoke with FP and they said they will be removing me as an authorized user. I wonder if that will make it fall of my report?

I was sifting through the "First Premier Deletion" posts and it seems the only way to get them to delete is if the info reported is incorrect.  I had a CC with them back in my "party" days so I'm not sure on all the details. But, My report says that it ws opened April 1, 2012.  I just spoke with a FP agent and asked for the open dates for any account I've ever had with FP. I've had 2 total. One currently open in good standing and one previous charge off. She said the charged off one was opened March 5, 2008 but it's reporting as April 1, 2012. How would you guys go about requesting a delete? I already sent them a GW letter  two weeks ago with no response. My GW was just asking kindly to delete because I never thought to cross check the reporting info to actual info. Should I send another letter saying its reported wrong? I dont want them to correct it, and post it to all three CA's!

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 4.24.13 PM.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Premier Delete Question

I would do nothing to give them time to respond to the GW letter, if within a reasonable period of time you dont hear anything then that would be the time to dispute the inaccurate info with the them directly in a direct dispute, they dont have to remove the whole TL that would be their choice to not update the account with the correct info and request total deletion of the account. The FCRA states that a creditor has to report accurate info but there is no law stating they have to report anything...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I would do nothing to give them time to respond to the GW letter, if within a reasonable period of time you dont hear anything then that would be the time to dispute the inaccurate info with the them directly in a direct dispute, they dont have to remove the whole TL that would be their choice to not update the account with the correct info and request total deletion of the account. The FCRA states that a creditor has to report accurate info but there is no law stating they have to report anything...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

If it wasnt deleted good will then they need to update it to the correct Open date so that it falls off with in the correct amount of time. Is the "fall off" time 7 years from open date or late date reported or closed date? Also, what is a reasonable period of time to wait for a GW reponse?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

If it wasnt deleted good will then they need to update it to the correct Open date so that it falls off with in the correct amount of time. Is the "fall off" time 7 years from open date or late date reported or closed date? Also, what is a reasonable period of time to wait for a GW reponse?

Thanks!

The open date has nothing to do with the max CRTP period. The max is 7.5 yrs from the accounts DoFD and its universally accepted as the 30 day late that immeidately preceeds the CO of the account. In an account that is current but has previous lates the lates drop off at the 7 year mark. 30-60 days is a good time to allow for response to a GW letter.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.