Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Options

tag
AbsentMindedProfessor
Contributor

First Premier Options

Aside from some (nearly) ancient late payments 5 years ago, my credit report is fairly clean save for a First Premier issue, which doesn't seem terribly uncommon around these parts.  It's low dollar ($127) but a nuisance, so I wanted to lay out what I believe are my options and hopefully get some feedback:

1. Ignore it.  It shows a last payment history of 4/2012 as "OK" but 1, 2, and 3 of 2012 as 30, 60 and 90 days late accordingly.  Date opened is 9/9 and date of last activity is 2/12.  I'm afraid if I do anything but ignore it it will "reset."  That said, I don't want this hanging around for another five years.  
  2. Call them and say I'll pay it in full once receiving a promise to delete (not likely based on what I've read about them).
  3. DV them.  It's not likely to work and I do know it's mine, so I don't want to abuse the system (though for them I'd make an exception given everything I've heard/read).
  4. Call them and hope I'm offered the chance to extend this into a new card with the full balance.  I've read of some folks having this option extended to them.  Again, it's incredibly low dollar so easy to handle financially, but not necessarily logisitcally.  

Any thoughts?  I'm willing to do whatever necessary to make the impact of this as minimal as possible and I'm fortunate in that it's not a high dollar account that would require stress/effort to deal with.  

Starting Score: 578 (3/11/13)
Low Score: 501 (9/28/13)
Current Score: 738 (8/7/15)
Goal Score: 720

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AbsentMindedProfessor
Contributor

Re: First Premier Options

Bumping this for the day crowd to hedge against the risk I get over zealous and do something stupid today without good feedback first.

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@AbsentMindedProfessor wrote:

Aside from some (nearly) ancient late payments 5 years ago, my credit report is fairly clean save for a First Premier issue, which doesn't seem terribly uncommon around these parts.  It's low dollar ($127) but a nuisance, so I wanted to lay out what I believe are my options and hopefully get some feedback:

1. Ignore it.  It shows a last payment history of 4/2012 as "OK" but 1, 2, and 3 of 2012 as 30, 60 and 90 days late accordingly.  Date opened is 9/9 and date of last activity is 2/12.  I'm afraid if I do anything but ignore it it will "reset."  That said, I don't want this hanging around for another five years.  
  2. Call them and say I'll pay it in full once receiving a promise to delete (not likely based on what I've read about them).
  3. DV them.  It's not likely to work and I do know it's mine, so I don't want to abuse the system (though for them I'd make an exception given everything I've heard/read).
  4. Call them and hope I'm offered the chance to extend this into a new card with the full balance.  I've read of some folks having this option extended to them.  Again, it's incredibly low dollar so easy to handle financially, but not necessarily logisitcally.  

Any thoughts?  I'm willing to do whatever necessary to make the impact of this as minimal as possible and I'm fortunate in that it's not a high dollar account that would require stress/effort to deal with.  

I'd try option 2 and if that doesnt work, go with option 4.

good luck!

Message 3 of 5
AbsentMindedProfessor
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll contact them today and post results.

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 4 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@AbsentMindedProfessor wrote:

3. DV them.  It's not likely to work and I do know it's mine, so I don't want to abuse the system (though for them I'd make an exception given everything I've heard/read). DV letters are only sent to a CA. 

Paid debt is always better looking than a unpaid one under a manual review of your credit reports. I would just PIF. When was the DoFD on the account?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.