Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier PFD after Settlement FAILURE

tag
Menecrates
Valued Member

First Premier PFD after Settlement FAILURE

I've been reading several posts on how hard FP is to deal with.  I settled with the CA last year and thought I'd take a shot at a PFD with FP.  Here's what I sent:

--------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to offer a compromise for the above listed account.  This account was settled for less than the full balance in September of 2010.  As First Premier Bank can no longer peruse collection of this account due to settlement, I am willing to offer First Premier Bank payment IN FULL if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this offer is merely to have this item removed from my credit files.

This account was placed for collections in the amount of $546.44 and was settled for $409.83. If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the amount of one hundred thirty-six dollars and sixty-one cents ($136.61) will be sent to First Premier Bank in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

First Premier Bank agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone.  If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Collection Agency will not acknowledge that any offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of First Premier Bankl. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of the State of Minnesota.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to the address listed above.

---------------------------------------------------

I sent this off last week in the hope of making them an equitable offer.  They get the full balance and I get the tradeline removed. I sent a similar letter on a different account.

Time passes, and I got a the follwing SW(s) today that dropped my score 30+ PTS!

Account opened: 6/2008
Description: Settlement accepted on this account
Paid charge off
Credit card
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$0$0
Past due:$0$0
Status:Bad Debt; Placed for collection;Bad Debt; Placed for collection;
Last activity:9/1/20089/1/2008
High credit:$134$350
Description:Settlement accepted on this account
Paid charge off
Amount in high credit is original charge-off amount
Settlement accepted on this account
Paid charge off
Credit card
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Account opened: 1/2007
Description: Settlement accepted on this account
Paid charge off
Credit card

Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$0$0
Past due:$0$0
Status:Bad Debt; Placed for collection;Bad Debt; Placed for collection;
Last activity:9/1/20089/1/2008
High credit:$546Not Reported
Description:Settlement accepted on this account
Paid charge off
Amount in high credit is original charge-off amount
Settlement accepted on this account
Paid charge off
Credit card

So.. these jokers killed me AGAIN.  Any thoughts as to what to do now?  Do I send GW letters forever?

Starting Score: EQ: 468 - 2/2013
Current Score: EQ: 620, EX: 611, TU: 599 - 7/2013
Goal Score: 750's

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: First Premier PFD after Settlement FAILURE

I don't get it.  How is that dropping you 30 points?  I don't see a date that was changed.  Everyone here says that it's the DOFD that dictates the collection's impact.

I also read here that re-aging is against FCRA.  

I'll be watching this to see what advice you get, because I'm sure it will come.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.