Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier - Surely you Jest!

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

First Premier - Surely you Jest!

My wife got a first premier card one year ago with the purpose of rebuild. We knew it was expensive annual fee, etc.

Today when I logged in to pay off her small balance (1 year mark)... there is a gigantic banner...

fpboffer.jpg

... New Card is 36% APR - $700 Credit Limit with $175 Annual Fee and then $49 second year plus $14.50 per month ($174 annually)

LOL... ok.. so she managed her $400 credit line perfectly all year... and you want her to get ANOTHER CARD... WOW.

I gotta admit.. this card looks more attractive then her original card with them. If she were to get this card and keep the old card.. she would be paying $300/year for $1100 in credit line. Eeeks!

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier - Surely you Jest!

Wow, I understand rebuilding has to start somewhere, but First Premier is something else. Capital One helped my wife and I rebuild at much better rates and terms.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dallasareaguy wrote:

My wife got a first premier card one year ago with the purpose of rebuild. We knew it was expensive annual fee, etc.

Today when I logged in to pay off her small balance (1 year mark)... there is a gigantic banner...

fpboffer.jpg

... New Card is 36% APR - $700 Credit Limit with $175 Annual Fee and then $49 second year plus $14.50 per month ($174 annually)

LOL... ok.. so she managed her $400 credit line perfectly all year... and you want her to get ANOTHER CARD... WOW.

I gotta admit.. this card looks more attractive then her original card with them. If she were to get this card and keep the old card.. she would be paying $300/year for $1100 in credit line. Eeeks!

LOL - thats First Predator for ya..... If her scores are in the upper 500s to low 600s she should app with Capital One.

Message 3 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dallasareaguy wrote:

fpboffer.jpg

LOL - thats First Predator for ya..... If her scores are in the upper 500s to low 600s she should app with Capital One.

+1. I cringe every time I see this card. There are much better options than these crooks. SDFCU secured. 6.99% apr. Everyone approved as long as Chexsystems is clear and yes, Capital One should be top choices for rebuilders.

Message 4 of 9
crrredit
Established Contributor

I get that offer from them about once every two months. I also get an offer from a finance company to borrow 1900 for two years and pay $900 in interest. Instead of offers that are slightly better than my current situation, I get offers that are much worse.

Message 5 of 9
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dallasareaguy wrote:

fpboffer.jpg

It's funny.. her scores are 580-620 across the board.. and she has had a secure capone card with $500 limit that she has handled appropriately. At the one year mark when I did the same thing I got a QuickSilver for $300 and grew it from there... but they will NOT approve her for an unsecured card yet... where my similar profile, they did. I'm really quite shocked with a year under her belt with the secured card that they declined a small limit QS1. Not sure.

Needless to say we are not getting this First Premier "Second Card" as they call it.

Walmart approved her for a $500 card.... but Cap One wouldnt give her a QS1 $300.... we'll keep pluggin away.. we're doing my credit hardest first.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 6 of 9
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dallasareaguy wrote:

fpboffer.jpg

+1. I cringe every time I see this card. There are much better options than these crooks. SDFCU secured. 6.99% apr. Everyone approved as long as Chexsystems is clear and yes, Capital One should be top choices for rebuilders.

SDFCU will not let you open a checking account with dings on your Chex BUT they will let you open a savings account then with that you can get a secured card through them. Great bank too 

Message 7 of 9
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

I hear ya on the cap 1. They make no sense at all.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was their denial reason and what was her score on the denial letter?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.