cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier giving me a chance to delete?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier giving me a chance to delete?

I closed a Firsr Premeir CC account that was in good standing/$0 balance March 2015. They didn't report anything on it for April and in May, the reported a $0 balance, a payment of $14, and that the account is open and in good standing.

I do have some lates back in 2013 and 1 - 60 day 2/2014. I tried to GW these lates, but had no luck. Even got a pretty nasty email back from they last one I sent saying they are done corresponding with me on this matter as they will not change their stance.

I have called them each 3 times since I closed the account ensuring that it was actually closed, even though they are reporting otherwise. I have asked them to report it correctly, but they keep saying they are (which obviously they are not).

Do I have an out here on sending them some ting or reporting them to the FCRA and ultimately getting this TL deleted since they seem like they can't report accurately?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: First Premier giving me a chance to delete?

Where are you seeing the open tradeline report - on www.annualcreditreport.com or some third party site like Credit Karma? 

If you are seeing it report on the official site - annual credit report - than report FP to the CFPB.

If it is a third party website, check the official site first to see how it is actually reporting.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A dispute goes ot the accuracy of the information under dispute, not other information on the account.

If you dispute their reporting of open when the accuont should be closed, the resolution would be either their veriifcaiton of accuracy as reported or their correction to overcome the asserted inaccuracy.  Deletion of the entire account would not be a resolution of the accuracy of that item of information.

Inaccuracies in reporting are not per se a violation of the FCRA.  It is a violation to report information that is knowingly inaccurate.

The dispute process is to correct inaccurscies, not require deletiono of other accurate information based on a showing of an inaccuracy in some item of information.

If you have documentation that the account was closed and they will not correct, you can file a complaint with the CFPB, requesting correction.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's  actually showing on the real reports directly from the bureaus. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.