Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier reporting but with CA

tag
rabbirick1232
Established Member

First Premier reporting but with CA

I have a CO from FP in the amount of $277 that is scheduled to fall off in Aug 2016. I called them to settle because they verified the debt via dispute with CRA. I was told by FP that it was with a CA. I called them and they agreed to settle. Questions: Why does FP report it after they sold it?
What will be the process to follow once I've paid the CA(getting everything in writing) in order to get this off my CR? From what I've read, FP doesn't do PFDs. What is the advantage of working with/paying the CA? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Premier reporting but with CA

@rabbirick1232 wrote:
I have a CO from FP in the amount of $277 that is scheduled to fall off in Aug 2016. I called them to settle because they verified the debt via dispute with CRA. I was told by FP that it was with a CA. I called them and they agreed to settle. Questions: Why does FP report it after they sold it?
What will be the process to follow once I've paid the CA(getting everything in writing) in order to get this off my CR? From what I've read, FP doesn't do PFDs. What is the advantage of working with/paying the CA? Thanks in advance.

If FP is reporting a balance they either still own the account and the CA is collecting for them or they are in violation of the law as an OC that has sold a debt must report the balance as 0. They can still report the CO its allowed by law... The only advantage of working with a CA is to not have them report a collection or settling in order to have the TL removed. FP does not do PFD though you may have luck with GW after awhile.

Message 2 of 4
rabbirick1232
Established Member

Bump
Message 3 of 4
virgo
Established Contributor

As a person who spent 5 years trying to get FP to coorrect ther mistake, I can tell you, they never sell their accounts.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.