Address:
 601 S MINNESOTA AVE
  SIOUX FALLS, SD 57104
 (800) 987-5521
Account Number:

Address Identification Number:

Transferred,closed.

Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jul 2021.
This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Apr 2010.

Date Opened:
05/2008
Date of Status:
07/2011
Reported Since:
07/2011
Last Reported Date:
07/2011

Type:
Credit card
Terms:
N/A 
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual 

Credit Limit:
N/A
High Balance:
$652 
Recent Balance:
N/A
Recent Payment:
N/A

Is it to much to hope that this is a goodwill response on their part?  I have sent

them a TON of GW emails.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: First Premier

I thought that having a "paid in full - was a charge off" was noted as a negative item to have on your CR... or am I wrong? because I have those are well and aren't helping my score and wow, Experian says "This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jul 2021." ouch! I don't know if having a "Status: Transferred,closed. " under Experian means a good thing.

Message 2 of 6
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

I thought that having a "paid in full - was a charge off" was noted as a negative item to have on your CR... or am I wrong? because I have those are well and aren't helping my score and wow, Experian says "This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jul 2021." ouch! I don't know if having a "Status: Transferred,closed. " under Experian means a good thing.

All I know is that is was listed with the negative items now it is listed with the positive. It was also listed a a Charge off now it is just listed as transferred closed
I was originally supposed to only remain until OCT 2015

Message 3 of 6
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Please let me know what you find out!!!  I just set off a Christmas Card offering to pay the account in full for a delete.  I KNOW they won't delete, but I felt compelled to throw that in there. 

Maybe I should just pay it in full and then GW them to death Smiley Indifferent

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You cant use the Current Status of an account as an indication of its derogatory status or effect on credit scoring.

Current Status only reflects what it says, the current status.  It does not include any prior status or history.

When a creditor does as charge-off, they report that as the current status.  It is also recorded in your Payment History profile, and in your Payment Rating.

When the account is paid, regardless of whether paid for the full amount or less than the full amount, it then reverts to one and only one Current Status.

"Paid."  If paid for less than the full amount, that is not reflected in its current status.  Payment for less is recorded separately in a Special Comment field code.

The prior status/event of the charge-off is separately retained.  Your Payment Rating retains its status prior to its current status, which in this case would be Charged-off.  And the charge-off is also recorded in your past Payment History profile.

Payment does not clear the file of all prior delinquency reporting.  The fact that a particular credit report does not include reference to prior status or history does not mean that it is gone from the file, and thus from FICO scoring.  Current Status of Paid is just a part of the picture.

Message 5 of 6
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

You cant use the Current Status of an account as an indication of its derogatory status or effect on credit scoring.

Current Status only reflects what it says, the current status.  It does not include any prior status or history.

When a creditor does as charge-off, they report that as the current status.  It is also recorded in your Payment History profile, and in your Payment Rating.

When the account is paid, regardless of whether paid for the full amount or less than the full amount, it then reverts to one and only one Current Status.

"Paid."  If paid for less than the full amount, that is not reflected in its current status.  Payment for less is recorded separately in a Special Comment field code.

The prior status/event of the charge-off is separately retained.  Your Payment Rating retains its status prior to its current status, which in this case would be Charged-off.  And the charge-off is also recorded in your past Payment History profile.

Payment does not clear the file of all prior delinquency reporting.  The fact that a particular credit report does not include reference to prior status or history does not mean that it is gone from the file, and thus from FICO scoring.  Current Status of Paid is just a part of the picture.

Robert why did EX change it to a postive account?

I am still trying to get a grasp of this whole thing

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.