Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier

Why are you considerimg this card ? I personally would NOT recommend this card for anyone but if this is your last and only option you have to start somewhere . If this is your case , please dont keep this card longer than you absolutely have too. Capital One if you can , Open Sky sis a good no pull option , or even a Discover It secured .
Message 11 of 21
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

No!! The fees alone eat all but 15-20 of your balance its not worth it it hurt me and thank god will fall off in December
Message 12 of 21
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

What about Fingerhut?  I'm just worried they'll deny because of the stupid open portfolio collections.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haleyjen wrote:

What about Fingerhut?  I'm just worried they'll deny because of the stupid open portfolio collections.

Best if u can get actual bank card (credit card) like visa/mc/discover/American Express. So get some money and get some secured credit card

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

run far away from that card.

Message 15 of 21
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Fingerhut DOES help. It was the first stepping stone on my path to recovery. However be aware, you're going to pay at least %20 over retail, along with ridiculous shipping charges. That is unless you catch them running a special. If you DO elect to go this route, make small purchases and pay more than the minimums each month.

This being said, a secured card is probably a better bet. You *may* even qualify for a low limit Qs1 or Plat from Cap One. Have you tried their prequel yet?

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 16 of 21
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Oh, and whatever you do, STAY AWAY from the likes of FP and Credit One.

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Smokes! I just opened a FP card! Time to close!

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

These people are vultures... don't do it. I'm helping hubby get away from them. The fees are insane.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont do it. ever, if you get temped smash your computer and any smart device you have that would cause you to app for them. They will use and abuse you and if anything goes south they will become your worse enemy. Just look at BBB its crazy the amount of stuff that bank will pull. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.