Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premiere- determining with whom to negotiate

tag
Kidcat
Established Contributor

First Premiere- determining with whom to negotiate

I have a charge off with First Premiere which still shows an outstanding balance and impacts my utilization. I have tried PFD with no success. I would like to pay in full and move on. 

Question...over the last 6 months I have received contact from 4 different CA acting on their behalf. Is it okay for me to contact FP directly and pay this debt in full?

Thank you for any advice. 

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Premiere- determining with whom to negotiate

That is where I would start, but they're a predatory lender and this is what they wanted to begin with. I'm almost certain that they have sold the debt if you have been contacted by 4 CA's, and they will tell you that you have to deal with them directly. If they tell you that, then contact the CA and request a PFD. Get it in writing. Good Luck!

Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 2 of 7
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Everytime I send a PFD to the CA, next thing I know a new CA contacts. Each says that they are collecting on behalf of FP.  I'm almost willing to take the hit of having a settled account just to stop having to deal with the various CAs. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

I can understand the sentiment. I think the collection system is designed to dishearten and erode away the spirit and will power of the debtor. Be strong. I know its tough but when you do get that occasional victory, it rejuvenates the fight and makes it worth dealing with the jerks. You can do it! And when you get discouraged, come on back and get a pep talk, lol.

Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 4 of 7
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Thank you. This forum is my new obsession. I've had some small victories. My problem was I focused on EQ. TU and EX need work. Who knew thatcreditors would correct one but not all 3 reports. 

Message 5 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Offer again.. they can just say no.  DV the CAs, this will at least slow them down.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 7
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

My experience - FP will not PFD and will not GW - pay and settle and wait to fall off - work directly with them for a lower settlement - again just my experience and what I've read here

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.