Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Reported FICO Score Increase!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Reported FICO Score Increase!!

Finally got some good news to report - Score Wacth Alert notified me just now that my score jumped 21 points!! Yay for me!!! I've been working since APril to rebuild my credit, and this is the first time I've had an increase!!!

Man, I needed that!

Mark

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Reported FICO Score Increase!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally got some good news to report - Score Wacth Alert notified me just now that my score jumped 21 points!! Yay for me!!! I've been working since APril to rebuild my credit, and this is the first time I've had an increase!!!

Man, I needed that!

Mark

Congrats!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR OF AN INCREASESmiley Happy

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot, MissMia75!!!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like I told you over on the Student Loan boars, don't lose hope over the student loan issues, once the card you have start report you should start seeing movements.

Contrags!!!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Shazer7!!

Message 5 of 12
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Shazer, in your honest opinion i opened a CC with First Premier that should report any day now.  It has a $300.00 CL, do you think I should open a second tradeline to increase my score even more?  (The FP card is the only credit card I have at this time).

11/14/2011 TU 584

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am no expert on credit rebuilding, the information I gave to Celtic over on the Student loan boards was based on my personal experience.

I only have on credit card, which I obtain 6 months about. It started out with a $500 CL then it was automatically increased to $750. When I started the building process my scores were EQ 628 TU 581 EX 640 my current score is EQ 671 TU 675 EX N/A.  To be clear I did get a bump once my student loans were rehabilitated, I also picked up several inquiries because I am in the process of purchasing a home but my score has continued to increase nicely.

Base on my experience I believe you can rebuild your score with only one card, just make sure to pay of the balance every month.

Message 7 of 12
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/14/2011 TU 584

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless it were a secured card, I wouldn't risk the inquiry with your scores. You'll likely not be approved for anything other than Orchard or Cap1. It can be done with one card, but I think you'd be wise to open up a secured card or secured loan.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.