Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Step Group Cach LLC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Step Group Cach LLC

I recieved a letter stating I owe them from a HSBC card. What is "DV" and how do I do it? Also does anyone have any PFD info for them? This letter was dated November 6, 2015 but i'm just now recieving it.  

Creditor: CACH LLC

Original Creditor: HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. & its Affiliates

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

THE LAW LIMITS HOW LONG YOU CAN BE SUED ON A DEBT.  BECAUSE OF THE AGE OF YOUR DEBT, CACH LLC WILL NOT SUE YOU FOR IT, AND CAH LLC WILL NOT REPORT IT TO ANY CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY.

Your account has been sold and assigned to our client, CACH LLC. This office has been hired to collect the above balance that you owe our client.  This is a demand for payment of your outstanding obligation.

In making this demand, we are relying entirely on information provided by our client.

Unless you, within thirty days after recipet of this notice , dispute the validity of the debt, or any portion thereof, the debt will be assumed to be valid by us.  If you notify us in writing within a thirty day period that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, we will obtain verification of the debt or a copy of a judgement against you and copy of such verification or judgement will be mailed to you by us.  Upon your written request within the thirty day period we will provide you with the name and address of the priginal creditor, if different fromt he current creditor.  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: First Step Group Cach LLC

DV is debt validation. Once you receive a letter from a collection agency, you need to send them a DV letter (CMRR) so they can prove that they can actually collect what they are claiming. You should also find out how old this debt is. What is the Date of First Delinquency? What is the Statute of Limitations on open accounts in your state?

You can search these forums for DV. Here is a pretty good thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

DV is debt validation. Once you receive a letter from a collection agency, you need to send them a DV letter (CMRR) so they can prove that they can actually collect what they are claiming. You should also find out how old this debt is. What is the Date of First Delinquency? What is the Statute of Limitations on open accounts in your state?

Does the Statute of Limititation restart once the debt is sold? Statute of Limitations for Virginia for Written Contracts is 6 years, For open Ended Accounts (including credit cards) is 6 years, 

Message 3 of 10
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AutoBot wrote:

Does the Statute of Limititation restart once the debt is sold? Statute of Limitations for Virginia for Written Contracts is 6 years, For open Ended Accounts (including credit cards) is 6 years, 

Nope. When the debt is sold, it should have the same DOFD.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recieved a letter stating I owe them from a HSBC card. What is "DV" and how do I do it? Also does anyone have any PFD info for them? This letter was dated November 6, 2015 but i'm just now recieving it.  

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

THE LAW LIMITS HOW LONG YOU CAN BE SUED ON A DEBT.  BECAUSE OF THE AGE OF YOUR DEBT, CACH LLC WILL NOT SUE YOU FOR IT, AND CAH LLC WILL NOT REPORT IT TO ANY CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY.

Your account has been sold and assigned to our client, CACH LLC. This office has been hired to collect the above balance that you owe our client.  This is a demand for payment of your outstanding obligation.

In making this demand, we are relying entirely on information provided by our client.

Unless you, within thirty days after recipet of this notice , dispute the validity of the debt, or any portion thereof, the debt will be assumed to be valid by us.  If you notify us in writing within a thirty day period that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, we will obtain verification of the debt or a copy of a judgement against you and copy of such verification or judgement will be mailed to you by us.  Upon your written request within the thirty day period we will provide you with the name and address of the priginal creditor, if different fromt he current creditor.  

Thanks!

It appears to be too old to report. That would make it zombie debt. I would send them a drop dead letter.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thanks!

It appears to be too old to report. That would make it zombie debt. I would send them a drop dead letter.

What is zombie debt (<----- i dig the name!) and what is a drop dead letter?! Thanks for all the help, i'm so new to all this!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thanks!

What is zombie debt (<----- i dig the name!) and what is a drop dead letter?! Thanks for all the help, i'm so new to all this!

Zombie debt is that which is too old too report and beyond SOL - its essentially dead, but the CA is attempting to resurrect it - hence the name. Drop dead letter is a written instruction to cease all communication with you regarding this debt. It must be done in writing to have any legal weight, do not call or email a drop dead letter.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thanks!

Zombie debt is that which is too old too report and beyond SOL - its essentially dead, but the CA is attempting to resurrect it - hence the name. Drop dead letter is a written instruction to cease all communication with you regarding this debt. It must be done in writing to have any legal weight, do not call or email a drop dead letter.

If it's not being reported then could I wake a sleeping dragon by starting communication with them?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thanks!

If it's not being reported then could I wake a sleeping dragon by starting communication with them?

No, because they have no power to do anything at all at this point. They cannot sue you and they cannot report it. All they can do is send annoying letters and make annoying phone calls

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thanks!

No, because they have no power to do anything at all at this point. They cannot sue you and they cannot report it. All they can do is send annoying letters and make annoying phone calls

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.