Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First credit card after ch 7. Cap One $3000 limit

tag
radguy
Established Member

First credit card after ch 7. Cap One $3000 limit

Hi all, first time I post here, but I've gotten lots of good info from the board. So, it's been a year since my discharge and after trying to apply during the summer for a Cap 1 card I was finally approved, $3000 limit. Great! Now I can start to rebuild my credit. I need help from you guys, what should I do next? Apreciate your help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JustinS
Regular Contributor

Re: First credit card after ch 7. Cap One $3000 limit

@radguy wrote:

Hi all, first time I post here, but I've gotten lots of good info from the board. So, it's been a year since my discharge and after trying to apply during the summer for a Cap 1 card I was finally approved, $3000 limit. Great! Now I can start to rebuild my credit. I need help from you guys, what should I do next? Apreciate your help.

While I myself don't have exp with ch7 directly... from what many other's are finding it often takes at least 2yrs post discharge for approvals. Consider yourself lucky as Cap One even can be a bit odd from all the reading I've done with post ch7 approvals. Also keep in mind any cards IIB may or may not blacklist for _years_ after filing.

I'd strongly suggest treating that card very well and only apply for credit where absolutely necessary for the next 6 months to a year. Once you're 2yrs out if memory serves Barclays might be worth a shot.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.