Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First premier charge offs and Jefferson capital CA's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First premier charge offs and Jefferson capital CA's

Hello I am new here hoping to get some quick help! My boyfriend and I are hoping to purchase a home soon since we have a baby on the way! Luckily I pulled my credit and had no idea how bad it really was, I am currently a 558 on my fico equifax score, I'm hoping it will go up shortly since I had a successful PFD and also one paid account was a duplicate so that one will also be deleted. My biggest concerns are my 2 first priemer charge offs: $550 opened 8/2005 and $573 opened 2/2006 I also have 2 Jefferson capital accounts one I paid in settlement for imagine card and the other I had no idea I had because they didn't contact me bout this account ($617 opened 10/2008 rewards660 card) I have no idea what the best thing to do about the charge offs and CA's I would appreciate any help!!! Also for the paid Jefferson capital, I paid them in 2010 but they reported a KD march 2012 on my report
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First premier charge offs and Jefferson capital CA's

Anyone :/
Message 2 of 4
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Hi

First premier and jefferson capital are tough shells to crack, I have them both on my reports, and they refuse to delete even though they were paid off at least 2 years ago. You could try and write GW letters to the company that you have settled in full with. As far as paying the unpaid ones off, I would only do it for a "pay for delete", nothing less, because a paid charge off on your account is just like a unpaid charge, no change in score. The issue is though that when applying for a mortage loan, I believe they want all of your old debts paid. I hope someone else will speak, because I am not an expert, just have been working for the past 2 years trying to imporve credit score, be glad you found this site quickly on your journey, I didn't find it until august, had already paid charged off accounts, and now beside GW letters don't have any options left. Best wishesSmiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked to first premier today, they tried to refer me to a ca but I told them since there were balances on my report they they still owned them and i wanted to pay them instead so they agreed to a 50% settlement with a paid in full and a rushing me a letter so I have it in writing, I agreed only because these accounts are listed as revolving accounts and will hopefully do more good then harm for me by paying them. I will attempt a gw letter after the update is made and see what happens there. They informed me they report on may 14 so I should know then what this will do to my score. Now to taclkle Jefferson Capitol ..... Wish me luck! I love this site I'm so glad I found it! I've learned so much in just a few days!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.