Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First premier deletion success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First premier deletion success

Just wanted to share this in hope of providing help to Some one in a similar situation. I don't remember if I got the email from this forum or credit karma so not sure who to get credit too lol. I came across a post that had a contact email for first premier and a sample of what they wrote and their success with having a collections account removed. If you have dealt with them before first primer is one tough cookie. I had a charge off account from around 4 years ago balance 395 I had contact them in the past by phone with no luck of a PFD so I turned a blind eye to them and just ignores their calls. I decided to give the email a shot I sent it December 17 th this is what I wrote : To whom it may concern,

My name is .....................and This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have posted to my credit file. On a few separate occasions I have disputed with all three credit bureaus Equifax, Transunion, and Experian pertaining to this account. I am providing my information solely for investigation purposes and for you to cease reporting this account to the credit bureaus

Name :
Last 4:
Dob:

This account is reporting to my transition report with a balance of $391 with no late payments and charged off and on my equifax report 13 90day late payments for a card that was open less than 6 months. There is no account number listed with any of the bureaus.

Under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8)(E), you have the duty to review all of the information in this Notice of Dispute, to complete your investigation, and report back to me the results of your investigation, within 30-days of my Notice of Dispute.
In addition, I humbly request that you provide me with complete transaction and payment history, a copy of any signed contracts or agreements, and total outstanding balance you believe I owe.

After I sent the email I recieve a response a week later asking for my current address. I was nervous to update my info with them but I sent it off. 2 weeks later I got a letter in the mail giving little detail about the account apologizing for the inconvenience and advising me account would be removed and allow 45 days for credit files to be updated.

The email address is: presref@premierbankcard.com

GOODLUCK
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
jmack711
Regular Contributor

Re: First premier deletion success

Congrats on getting First Premiere to delete! I'm in a similar situation. I sent them a letter by email, similar to the one you composed. I sent it Monday night around 10:30PM and i received a response the very next morning and the lady requested my updated address as well. I'm torn about waiting it or filing a complaint with the BBB. I've attempted several times in the past to get this account removed to no avail. There are multiple inaccuracies across all 3 reports. Any advice? You think I should wait it out for another response from FP?

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same situation with 2 first premier accounts my accounts are showing open and not closed though and i'm showing 17 late payments on experian but 0 late on transunion and equifax.

Message 3 of 34
jmack711
Regular Contributor

Frayergeorge,

If you search First Premier there are several templates to use as well as the email address to reach out to FP. I will keep you posted on my outcome.

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes def wait ... I was apprehensive when they asked for my updated address but they just used it to send me the letter that they were deleting the account
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give the email a shot and see what happens
Message 6 of 34
recoverysauce
Valued Member

Credit goes to 

Message 7 of 34
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I just did this over the weekend and got a email back yesterday asking for my updated address. So I'm assuming they are sending me the delete letter like everyone else is getting. I'm hoping for the best this is my last charge off. How long does it take to remove after you get the letter?
Message 8 of 34
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You do not, in a direct dispute, ever want to refer to the fact that you previously disputed with the CRA.

Once you have filed a dispute with a CRA and it is concluded, any subsequent direct dispute that is substantially the same as a prior dispute, including one filed with a CRA, can be summarily dismissed without any need for investigation as "frivolous or irrelevant.:  See the implementing rules for the direct dispute process at 16 CFR 660.4(f).

It is not wise to give them clear basis to dismiss your dispute.

Additionally, disputed specific items reported under an account is not basis for requriing deletion of the entire account.

It is basis only for compellling verification, correction, or if neither is done, deleteion, of that specific information.

Disputing, for example, dates and number of derogs is not basis for deletion of an entire account, a CO, or other accurate info.

If a direct dispute that asserts a specific inaccuracy results in deletion of the entire account, that deletion is voluntary on the part of the creditor, and does not prevent its reinsertion at any later time.

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.. Just tried this. Sent an email two weeks ago... She asked for my address. I haven't recieved any correspondence but she sure did submit to the CRA that I disputed and now the remark is on my report
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.