Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First premier

I've had my first premier card for 14mo now. I've read many things about people "finally getting rid of FP" is it bad to have? 14mo ago, they sent me a letter, to settle a debt i owed them from 2012, they issued me a new account/card with my debt on it, basically like a pre-paid card. I paid the debt (475) off within 2mo. I've never got a cli, no lower interest, nothing.

Should i keep the card for awhile longer, ask for a cli, or just let it go?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: First premier

Too bad you didn't post before you accepted it!

First Premier is bad and especially with respect to other card issuers. I had FP before and now have Merrick and Cap One as rebuilders now. FP kills you with fees for everything

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noted. Lol
How much would it hurt if i cancelled it?
Message 3 of 7
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure closing it wouldn't affect you much. Positive tradelines stay on your account for 10 years. 

And it sounds like the limit isn't doing much for your overall utilization. Do you have other major cards?

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have numerous store cards, along with Cap1 QS, Cap1 secured, Milestone and Credit One. And of course, First Premier.
Message 5 of 7
recoverysauce
Valued Member

Pay off the card and then Close it!

You have other cards then you do not need it. They are over priced fee's and if you ever miss a payment you'll regret it.

I have been working for past year and half and just got 1 of the 2 cards accounts removed from my credit report. They are accounts from 2006 and 2008, you would think it should just fall off but no they now reported I was late last year, even though it is paid off over a year prior. Since you have Cap 1 keep them and next get rid of Credit One before the annual fee. You will get better offers later on just having 2 cards don't pay for something you do not need. those cards could prevent other offers as well if they are open.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tha ks for the information. What about the milestone card, is it a more "decent" card?
Im not sure what they've done (first premier) but i do show a "closed" account with them, there were two, closed accounts plus my open,revolving account. I disputed it, they removed one, now it shows one "closed" and one open/revolving.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.