cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First round of repair efforts -- success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First round of repair efforts -- success!

After my first solid month of credit repair efforts, I have had some success! Got Equifax to delete 3 of the 4 requests I made, and I got EOS CCA to agree to delete for payment of an old cell phone bill from 3 years ago.

One line item that Equifax verified was a Merrick Bank charge off in the amont of $1,137.00 The first delinquincy was 12/2007. So, should I wait 4 months and request deletion again, or contact Merrick and work something out. My concern if I make any sort of payment to Merrick it will reset the SOL clock.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditLadi
Valued Member

Re: First round of repair efforts -- success!

Way to go! I sent an email to EOS for debt validation for an old AT & T bill. I can't remember having a cellphone account with AT & T so I'm waiting to see what they have to say. The bill is listed on my credit report for $368. Did you offer to PFD for the full amount or another amount?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called EOS CCA on the phone and suggested a PFD. They replied that PFD was "fraudulent" and they couldn't do it. After some insisting on my part, they agreed to send a letter promising deletions after I made a phone payment. They did as agreed -- I got the letter about an hour later.

Message 3 of 7
CreditLadi
Valued Member

Great news! That's exactly how my situation went, with the exception of me emailing instead of calling initially. I did get the name of the person I spoke with who agreed to send the letter stating they would delete after receiving my payment on Friday. So I hope to be reporting good news over the weekend! Thanks for your feedback!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more thing I forgot -- part of the deal was that I send them a fax stating that I would not reverse the payment. They may ask you for that as well.

Message 5 of 7
CreditLadi
Valued Member

Ok, thanks!

Message 6 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

I believe Merrick is due to fall off next year. You can try waiting 5-6 months and the ask CRA for early deletion.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.