Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First successful PFD!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First successful PFD!

Thanks to this site, I got my first successful PFD (and the first I ever wrote and sent out!).  Got them to delete 4 separate accounts they owed WITHOUT ME PAYING A DIME YET and settling for 50% of the balance of the 4 accounts.

Theoretically, now that all these are deleted from the CRAs, would I even have to pay them a dime since they already deleted it?  I plan on upholding my end, but can they re-report something they've requested to be deleted?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: First successful PFD!

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to this site, I got my first successful PFD (and the first I ever wrote and sent out!).  Got them to delete 4 separate accounts they owed WITHOUT ME PAYING A DIME YET and settling for 50% of the balance of the 4 accounts.

Theoretically, now that all these are deleted from the CRAs, would I even have to pay them a dime since they already deleted it?  I plan on upholding my end, but can they re-report something they've requested to be deleted?

Congrats on the PFD success !!   And yes, they can report it again, so I'd go ahead and pay.   

And with almost all PFDs, they won't delete until AFTER you pay ~ it is unusual that they would remove them first, prior to being paid.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you get it in writing that they will stop reporting the the credit bureaus? If not, after you pay, they can start reporting it again.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I got the deletion in writing

Message 4 of 8
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the PFD success! That's great news! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like something AFNI would do.

Message 6 of 8
casmith1980
Established Contributor

awesome!!!   Congrats!!!  (and yes, pay them Smiley Happy  it's worth the money for sure now!

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never heard of a PFD BEFORE you give them a dime!   And yes, I would honor the agreement and pay it.  Not only will they probably report again- they may not offer another agreement to delete.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.