Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time closing an account!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time closing an account!

So I manned up today and closed my Cap One secured account. I opened this account about 4 years ago and had the credit limit up to $2001. Considering it doesn't graduate, stops me from getting another Cap One account(already have QS) and does nothing whatsoever for me at this point I kicked it to the curb! Also, since I just

got approved for a DCU Visa with a $2000 credit line there will be no change in my available credit. I would call this a win! Now, I will wait 30 days or so for everything to settle and see if I can get another QS with a higher credit limit now that a spot has been opened up. Thoughts???

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First time closing an account!

I just did the same thing myself with my cap1 secured. It did drop each of my fico8's about 5-10 points initially which was upsetting. It's been about 3 or so weeks since I have closed it, the refund check came within a week and I check the cap1 preqaul and nothing yet. I also have the QS @ $2000.00 currently. I dont think im any worse off without the card. We'll see in another couple weeks if cap1 gives me anymore love. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I manned up today and closed my Cap One secured account. I opened this account about 4 years ago and had the credit limit up to $2001. Considering it doesn't graduate, stops me from getting another Cap One account(already have QS) and does nothing whatsoever for me at this point I kicked it to the curb! Also, since I just

got approved for a DCU Visa with a $2000 credit line there will be no change in my available credit. I would call this a win! Now, I will wait 30 days or so for everything to settle and see if I can get another QS with a higher credit limit now that a spot has been opened up. Thoughts???

No need to wait more than a day or two, for the closure to cycle through their system.

Message 3 of 4
crrredit
Established Contributor

Add me to the list of people closing their Cap One secured card. It definitely did its job, but it's time to bring that cash back home. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.