Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time post!! Whoo hooo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time post!! Whoo hooo

This is my first post as I am new to this journey!! I have read a few posts already and have learned so much.

My current situation: I have no current revolving credit. I am an authorized user on two of my husbands accounts (Cap1 Secured and Cap1 Platinum). Myfico scores are low 500's for EX and EU and low 600's for TU (I have no idea why the discrepancy). Anywho, I am defaulted on my student loans and I am currently making payments to rehabilitate them. I have four derog on my report and they are:

Labcorp

11/2014- $64

11/2014- $120

Enhanced Recovery Co L- Tmobile

January 2014- $480

Stellar Recovery- Centurylink (Not accurate)

Feb 2015- $428

Enhanced Recovery- ATT

Dec 2014- $932

The dates are when they were assigned to the creditor (according to MyFico). I am disputing the Stellar Recovery account as I have never had Centurylink. What is the best way to attack this?

Also, I would like to buy a house within the next two years and need some current credit. I have nothing current so my score is not really doing anything. I have gone up several points because of my AU on my husband account but I know I need my own accounts. I am a beginner so I do not have all the acronyms and lingo so excuse me if I ask what things mean. Thanks a lot!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First time post!! Whoo hooo

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my first post as I am new to this journey!! I have read a few posts already and have learned so much.

My current situation: I have no current revolving credit. I am an authorized user on two of my husbands accounts (Cap1 Secured and Cap1 Platinum). Myfico scores are low 500's for EX and EU and low 600's for TU (I have no idea why the discrepancy). Anywho, I am defaulted on my student loans and I am currently making payments to rehabilitate them. I have four derog on my report and they are:

Labcorp

11/2014- $64

11/2014- $120

Enhanced Recovery Co L- Tmobile

January 2014- $480

Stellar Recovery- Centurylink (Not accurate)

Feb 2015- $428

Enhanced Recovery- ATT

Dec 2014- $932

If any of these are medical CAs

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

You would also use steps 1 and 2 on CAs that are not medical.

The dates are when they were assigned to the creditor (according to MyFico). I am disputing the Stellar Recovery account as I have never had Centurylink. What is the best way to attack this? For the account not yours just use the laws afforded to you in the FCRA on ID Theft and have it blocked.  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect-Yourself/td-p/2059499

Also, I would like to buy a house within the next two years and need some current credit. I have nothing current so my score is not really doing anything. I have gone up several points because of my AU on my husband account but I know I need my own accounts. You need to obtain ASAP 3 open revolving accounts in your own name even if you have to go secured. I will also say that you dont want any new credit 6 months prior to a mortgage pull, welcome to My Fico and good luck Smiley Happy     http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Secured-Cards-Database/td-p/3846302

I am a beginner so I do not have all the acronyms and lingo so excuse me if I ask what things mean.   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Guide-To-Common-Abbreviations/m-p/224988?jump=true

Thanks a lot!!!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First time post!! Whoo hooo

I would suggest pulling your full free reports from annualcreditreport.com - those will show you the estimated drop off dates and DoFD, which is important to know.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.