Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time pulling Fico need advice

tag
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

First time pulling Fico need advice

Hi to all and thanks in advance for your help here is my situation and question

My husband and I are looking to get a house. He is the bread winner so the loan will be in his name. We both knew there were some bad things on his credit from the past before we met and some medical bills that that went bad so we hired one of those credit counseling places that suppose to fix your credit by getting these things deleted or taken care of with a promise to have raised our score signifncally. Well paid them 700 dollars intially and they told us within 60 days we should see a increase in our score.  2 months came and score the same and now they withdrawing 200 dollars a month out of our account. 6months later score still the same soo we dropped them and from pulling everything on here i am not seeing anything that was really removed from the account. We have now decided to just pay the accounts off. At least the big ones but looking at this report on here out of 7 delinquint accounts only 2 show the name. The rest just have xxxx. How are we suppose to contact these creditors if we have no information?

His fico score is 612 now. It was 610 when we started then we had 3 hard inquires when we applied for the morgatage and we didnt get as much as we needed to get the home that we wanted. There reason was limited credit and diliquent accounts.  That dropped it to 607 recently (according the lender) but we applied for a cc with first premier this week and it must have risen it by 5 points. Smiley Happy

He has 2 other accounts with 5k limilt that are at 0 balance

The dilequent accounts are $480 and $819 Im sure we can settle with them to delete. The others are medical and no more than 200 dollars but i have no idea who they are and how to contact. What should i do? And if i get at least the 2 that are showing (480/819) deleted will that raise up his score? Another question... we applied for a first premier with 300 cl should we apply for another cc with another 300 cl or highe? and i keep reading about keeping your balance at  uti @ 9%. What is uti? and how do i keep it at 9%?

Again Thanx

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: First time pulling Fico need advice

Hi and welcome to the forums.

First, I would go to annualcreditreport.com and get a free report from each CRA.  You can do this once every 12 months.

Everything should be on these reports including names of creditors and collection agencies along with account numbers.

Read the stickies in my signature block.  You will find some very useful information.  Giving you too much information at one time can be overwhelming and might confuse you even more.

Do some reading, get your reports and let us know what tradelines you want to tackle.

Some important dates to know are the DoFD - Date of First Delinquency   SOL - Your states statute of limitations on the type of debt

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.