cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First timer trying to get his FICO scores up...

tag
infusino79

Re: First timer trying to get his FICO scores up...

What does "GW" and "PFD" mean?

Message 11 of 47
guiness56
Epic Contributor

GW - Good Will

PFD - Pay for Delete

Look in my signature for Common abbreviations.

Message 12 of 47
infusino79

thank you!

Message 13 of 47
SuburbanGuy80
Established Member

Thanks Titan, I'll call these guys tomorrow and let them know. I'm hoping that I can ultimately get this deleted since I will PIF. I'm simply trying to build my scores back up as efficient and quickly as possible.

Message 14 of 47
SuburbanGuy80
Established Member

I have a question for you guys. I just literally got off the phone with Aaron's about that 1 chargeoff on my CR. The rep was insisted on that Aarons has never every deleted an account that was eventually paid off. Obviously I'm prepared to pay off the remaining balance of $435 come the first of January but I got no where with this guy about a PFD. Very frustrating.

I'm wondering how my credit score will be affected positively if I just pay off the balance and it shows paid in full on report vs. just letting it sit there as a 100% derog. Just speaking in theory terms with the following scenario. Would I see a 20+ increase if I pay it off but it still remains on my report as a PIF charge off?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

One in Question below...

Experian, Equifax & Transunion – Aarons – Closed (Account Status) – 5/1/10 - $435 unpaid

Message 15 of 47
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Once a charge off, always a charge off. 

These are installment type accounts so it should not be included in your revolving utilization.

You could see some points it is really hard to say.

Message 16 of 47
SuburbanGuy80
Established Member

Yea, I'm thinking about eventually paying it but obviously the PFD would be a much better option as I'm trying to strive for perfect credit and get rid of all of the derog's on my CR. I did a search for aaron's here on the site and didn't really come across anyone else's experience.

Message 17 of 47
SuburbanGuy80
Established Member

Wanted to update my rebuild thread. For whatever reason, IQ Data wasn't showing up on my original Wells Fargo pulled report from November. But that derog is now showing, unfortunately. Changes/Updates are in red.

Equifax & Transunion– Enhanced Recovery – Closed – 6/1/08 - $252 balance

Experian, Equifax & Transunion – Aarons – Closed – 5/1/10 - $435 unpaid

Equifax – Aarons – Closed – 3/1/10 - $0 Balance

Equifax – BB&T Car Loan -  Open – 1/1/06 - $0 Balance - $9,489 High Balance - Redeemed Reposession

Transunion – BB&T Car Loan – Closed – 1/1/06 - $0 Balance - $9,489 High Balance - Redeemed Reposession

Experian – Brown & Joseph LTD – Closed – 7/1/11 - $118 Balance

EX|EQ|TU - IQ Data - Closed & Open - 3/1/11 - $1371 Balance

EX|EQ|TU - IQ Data - Closed & Open - 3/1/11 - $1822 Balance

Bank of America Secured Card - $300 - Now reporting

Wells Fargo Secured Card - $300 - Now reporting

I disputed the BB&T account as it was showing a balance of $977 and open via TU. Thru my Wells Fargo online credit account, I re-ran my credit report (allowed on the 25th of every month).

My scores are now as follows...

596 - EX  - (initial November score - 596)

612 - EQ - (initial November score - 615)

639 - TU - (initial November score - 599)

So, i'm assuming that TU jumped because my balance with BB&T fell from $977 to zero. TU also made all of my late payments go to green OK's as well. I'm looking to start paying off all of the baddies within the next two months. I want to get to a savings goal first.

Message 18 of 47
SuburbanGuy80
Established Member

Update on my credit rebuilding journal as I’ve gotten steady increases since I truly started getting serious about my credit profile at the first of December of 2013.

My FICO initial scores on 12/3/13 were as follows…

EX – 599

EQ – 615

TU – 599

My FICO scores as of 1/13/14 are as follows…

EX – 609

EQ – 614

TU – 647

With the capital one, wells fargo & bofa inquiry hit, my scores still made an increase and I’m pretty happy. I have just the Wells & Bofa card right now and they are now reporting. Keeping my overall uti under 10% and using them both as a charge card. A long way to go obviously to reach my mid 700 goal across the board come Holiday 2014. I feel like that I can for sure achieve it. I’m working closely with a mortgage broker and we’ve run the numbers here this week for me; either qualifying for a USDA or FHA home loan come spring time of ‘14. Best case scenario for me, I would like to close on a home by spring or the latest mid summer. The sooner the better. I’ve read a ton on these boards these last couple of weeks and continue to be thankful for the advice that I’ve been given along with what I found via the search links.

The good thing about my situation is that my scores have increased since December and I have yet to PFD anything. All of my collections are still present. After speaking with my incredible mortgage broker on the accounts that need to be paid off, I feel great about my credit situation here the next 60 days and look forward to the score increases once they are deleted within the next 60 days. Also, after speaking with every collection agency about PFD, all but one are willing to go ahead with that. The lone one that isn’t willing to do a PFD is Aarons showing a $435 balance. The goal for me now is to save up $2300 (on top of the $$$ that I’ve already saved for the new home) in the next three weeks, then come January 31st, send off/pay one baddie per week til they are all paid off via my salary.

Message 19 of 47
SuburbanGuy80
Established Member

Update, just pulled my credit scores and they are the following.

616 EX
627 EQ
654 TU

Finally achieved a median score of 620, first "Perfect Credit" goal solidified. Tons more goals to go. Having these two secured CC's is truly paying off; all the while keeping my overall uti under 10%.

Still have yet to pay off any debt from my first post in this thread. Plan is still to start paying it off come within the next two weeks. And again, im looking forward to seeing a hefty increase in my scores.

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.