Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five steps forward now one step back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Five steps forward now one step back

So I had an auto loan with capital one that was paid off back in 2008. It was charged off but paid off the following month. I originally contacted them back in March of 2011 because it wasnt reporting paid and they then said they deleted the entire tradeline, Fast Forward to this year. I notice that it was no longer on Transunion and Experian but still lingering on Equifax as unpaid. I call them again and they are super friendly and say they will take care of it.  So I get an alert this morning telling me the the account status of one of my accounts has changed, so naturally I rush and check in a very excited manner(may have appeared like a drug addict to outsiders) and what I found is that it now reports as paid, only problem, It reports as paid for the last 4 years! So not only did they not delete, they made it look as though it took me 10 years to pay off a 5 year loan!  Anyone have any spectacular contacts for capital one that may help me in a simple and speedy deletion?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Five steps forward now one step back

Contacts for Capital One Auto Finance*

Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When is it saying it was paid?  4 years ago would have been in 09.

Did you have an original agreement with them to have it deleted?  Or did they just do it on their own?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry got some of the info wrong it was 5 Years ago. It shows it was paid off last month when I had called them.

Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Ok, makes a big difference.

Call them back and politely let them know what they did.  Was there ever an agreement on their end to delete the TL?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeas, they agreed back in march 2011, when they financed me for my current car!

Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Call them back and explain, again, what is going on.  Let them know they were to delete but updated it and incorrectly at that.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, yeah their updating was just a bit off. Im not sure why it wasnt deleted off of equifax the first time considering they deleted from the other two.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.