Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing a Delinquency..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixing a Delinquency..

I have one serious deliquency on my CR that I'm wondering if there is any way to clean it up, without waiting the remaining 4 yrs for it to fall off.  The reason for the Del is stupid, but it is my own fault.  I got a new CC, put a charge on it, and forgot I ever used it. Since at that time I wasn't into monitoring my bills or CR, it slid by for 3 mo until I got a phone call from the CC about a collection - which got me to finally open up the CC bills I'd received. Thats when I noticed that I'd charged a $200 purchase (on a CC with a $20k limit), onto the wrong CC. 

I quickly paid off the bill, but the damage was done. I'd gotten a 90 day serious deliquency, crushed my CR from 820+ down into the mid 500s.  That was the incentive I needed to find a credit monitoring agency (thanks MyFico!) and to actually pay attention to my credit.  Before that I'd just taken it for granted, it was easy for me to get over 800 and stay there.  I've since learned that once you ruin it, it's very difficult to raise it back up again.

So - my question is - is there any way get this serious derog on a CC that I only had for 8 months and has been closed for over 2 years, removed from my Credit report?  I don't think they'll do a goodwill, why would they? I'm no longer a customer of theirs, and never really was.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fixing a Delinquency..

I should have added, that is my only derog.  My oldest account is 24+ yrs, average is 7 years, I have 5 active accounts, < 30% utilization (soon to be under 10%), 0 credit inquiries.  It won't kill me to leave it there I guess, but it really bugs me and is going to be a barrier for me getting back over 800 I believe.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.