cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing credit, in Chexsystems, Fraud & Overdrafts.. Advice needed!

tag
Amerabian
New Contributor

Re: Fixing credit, in Chexsystems, Fraud & Overdrafts.. Advice needed!

I had that same problem with TDBank... I paid it of and disputed and guess what happened it got Deleted... The collection company was NCO... You can't be scared you have to take your chances... I have one baddie on my account and that is a Cap One Charge Off.. This week a sent them 8 GWs.. Hopefully I it gets in the right hands..
---------
Yes, Koki.. I think my best optin is to start paying the TDBank debt after getting a written confirmation that the entry will be deleted off ChexSystems and that I will be given a checking account again. Here's why:

I have print outs of all 3 CB reports in front of me Smiley Happy TU, EQ, and EX
Here's what's on them:

TransUnion:
- Bank of America               $978  (Deletes in 05/14)
- 1st Bank of Delaware     $612  (Deletes in 10/15)
- Main St. Aquisition           $852  (Deletes in 01/16)
 Equifax:
- United Illumination Co.   $572  (Deletes in 01/16)
 Experian:
- 1st Bank of Delaware $612 (Deletes in 10/15)   *same entry in TransUnion*
 ChexSystems:

- Reported for "overdrafts" by TD Bank ($770) in 2010.

- Reported for "suspected fraud activity" by BofA in 2008.

If I pay the TDBank debt, I will have the entry removed off Chexsystems (plus get a bank account) AND by the end of this year BofA's "Fraud" report will disappear and my ChexSystems report will be 100% CLEAN.

I don't think I'll even dispute the "Fraud" report as I don't want to risk the entry being updated.. Once I get a TDBank account that entry shouldn't matter Smiley Happy

I need suggestions for what to write to TDBank Consumer Relations/Collections.. Any links? Ideas? Need to write something and send it today..

I'm ready! Smiley Happy

FICO Score: 644
NPSL$500$300$500$528

Message 11 of 17
Amerabian
New Contributor

Lunch break time at work,

I am calling TDBank and requesting the last account balance history to my address (need to know how much of the $770 is overdraft fees).

I will also explain that "I'm willing to pay the balance on the account. My main concern is the report I have in ChexSystems, would it be possible to send me a letter promising to remove all references to the deragetory from ChexSystems and any and all credit reports"?

Once I get that letter, I'm going to walk into TDBank, ask if they would open an account if I pay the debt in full.

Once that is done and I have an account.. I will use the letter they (I'm assuming they will agree to send) to have the remark taken off ChexSystems.

This will be a very good start..

Still need your suggestions for a Pay-For-Delete letter..

NPSL$500$300$500$528

Message 12 of 17
coterotie
Established Contributor

If you can get eligible, USAA doesn't use ChexSystems.  I don't think INGdirect (which is now Cap1) does either.  They (Cap1) do pull equifax.

Message 13 of 17
Amerabian
New Contributor

Thanks coterotie, I'll swing by CapitalOne Bank (Only 1 branch in the city where I work, no others nearby).

I called TDBank's Collections Recovery Department and couldn't get the person to agree even verbally to delete the entry off chexsystems if I paid.. Smiley Indifferent

He asserted that any TD Bank manager will open a new account for you if you pay the amount owed.

I tried back and forth to ask if there's any possible way we can have it deleted off chexsystems, but he only said they would update it to "Paid in full".

I don't like this..

Should I go ahead and pay, have a real decent bank account with online banking and full capabilities (instead of a GreenDot card) then send Good-Will letters?

Is it worth it?

Why didn't TD Bank report the $770 overdraft to TU, EQ, or EX ? (Are they going to, in the future?)

I understand that they sort of wanna lock me into TD Bank and not move to another bank at least 'till 2015.. But I really was planning to open a bank account at Chase by the end of the year when Bank of America's chexsystems remark (suspected fraud) disappears..

Would Chase bank open a bank account if I had (TD Bank $770 paid in full)..??

Switching to Chase means better oppurtunity to getting their rewards credit cards in the future.. (Yes, I travel a lot) Smiley Indifferent

Any advice? comments? I feel lost :/

NPSL$500$300$500$528

Message 14 of 17
Lzzybeth
New Contributor

Two times in my life I've been in a similar spot as you with ChexSystems, the 1st was BoA and 2nd was WAMU/Chase. Both times I was reported it was because of overdraft charges and my accounts were charged off.

• With regards to BoA, I went for PIF and they completely removed their report from ChexSystems. Hurray!!
  • As far as WAMU/Chase, I wasn't so lucky and also didn't PIF (went for settlement). Chase wasn't going to remove them from ChexSystems. Looking back and knowing what I know now, PIF might have helped when I later tried to GW Chase.

I was using a loadable debit card too, since I couldn't get a real bank account for years. I felt like a leper and was scared to even walk into a bank branch! I finally got the courage though, settled my Chase debts, got the letters for proof and then went [back] to BoA. They gave me a bank account, though I had to prove to them that I'd paid the debts before they'd let me sign the papers.

Pay the debts, get the letters and then go to the bank or CU of your choice. Since Chase won't remove their remarks and they won't fall off until August 2013 (5 years), I had to use the letters of proof again when I opened my CU checking account in September of 2011.

Getting the letters is key, push to get them from the CAs!

Garden Club Challenge: App Free Since 5/01/2021 and
No Apps Until 6/15/2022
Message 15 of 17
Lzzybeth
New Contributor

I just re-read your recent post...

It sounds like you want a Chase account and wonder if you'd be approved, after going with a PIF to TD Bank. Am I correct?

I don't know how finicky Chase is about approving new accounts if they find anything derogatory on ChexSystems. Maybe someone else can chime in here...

Even so, I still stand by PIF the debts you have, getting the letters and then trying to open an account wherever you choose. You'll never know until you ask (like I did)!! You might just bend the ear of an understanding Chase Bank Manager. Smiley Wink

Garden Club Challenge: App Free Since 5/01/2021 and
No Apps Until 6/15/2022
Message 16 of 17
Amerabian
New Contributor

Guess what!

I went to TD bank and paid $770.37 for a pack of menthols and a ball-point pen Smiley Very Happy

http://s10.postimage.org/siyrkm22h/C360_2013_03_01_19_23_19.jpg

Soon to write to executives to remove the remark on ChexSystems..

Bank of America's remark will be automatically deleted in a few months and I will have A CLEAN CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT!

NPSL$500$300$500$528

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.