Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing multiple accounts on report/shopping cart trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixing multiple accounts on report/shopping cart trick

I have so many accounts listed on my reports from student loans. I have consolidated them into one loan, but all of the old ones are still listed as closed or transferred. Is there any way to have these removed to show just the one open account? Or will that affect my score by removing them/leaving them on there? Im not sure how all of that works. 

Also, I have Eliminate ID theft and although they are fake scores, my scores all read 630TU, 626EX, 618EQ. I have tried the shopping cart trick as I need some revolving accounts as all of mine were charged off (I have paid them now). Is the trick hard to get to work or are my scores just to low to get them? I have tried multiple stores many times and never get the popup.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fixing multiple accounts on report/shopping cart trick

If they are not reporting as derogatory, leave them alone.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have to 'opt-in'. Do you recieve preapproval offers in the mail at all?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadnt received a pre-qualified offer in a very long time and thought maybe I had opted out at one point, so a few months ago I went to that website and "opted-in". I received an offer a week ago for an absolutely horrible card called "Verve". So I assume I am opted in. Im assuming I just dont meet the requirements. Those scores are Fake so I dont know what mine truly are. 

I tried going to some of the card companies websites to see if I prequalify andd the only ones that showed anything was Capital One. Showed the Quicksilver One Rewards and Platinum. Both were for "Average Credit". I know I will get denied though, as I was denied last April for the secured card. They said they could not verify my income as my own. It is shared but they said that wouldnt matter, but obviously they wouldnt accept it, even though I had sent them in a signed letter dictating my access as well as frequency, and also had the letter signed by myself and the income earner. 

Oh well, just getting frustrated as I was hoping this would be a way to rebuild my credit.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My geuss is its the past CO's. Those seem to really make it tough. I can't get the SCT to work for me either, so there ya go.

You migh try getting a secured card from SDFCU.

Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You might consider having your other half or a trusted family member add you as an AU to their card. You want older and ones that are not reporting a huge balance relative to CL. You are going to have to re establish your credit to get approved for those SCT cards, they have no current revolving info right now to base a decision on. You can also look to your local CUs for help re establishing. Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I am going to get the SDFCU card hopefully soon. I just need to get the deposit together. Hopefully that will help out.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old are the charge off's?  I was recently approved with Cap1 for both of those cards with a past charge from Capital One itself, multiple (and I mean mulitple) recent lates and several collections.  My Fico's were hovering in the high 500's to low 600's.  Fakos were even lower 500's.

As for SCT it seems they first come from Victoria's Secret, Buckle, and Express.  I was not getting them and took a leap of faith and applied and was approved.  Since breaking in I do get them from J.jill, J crew, and Loft (i don't except i just like to see it!  I think the higher ones such as Overstock etc take higher scores....ie it isn't one blanket score for all of their cards.

oh, and leave the old loans alone...I have ones going back to 1997 and I am just happy to have to positive TL.

EDIT-I did have the dreaded Credit One card for six months prior to the Capital One approval which may have helped in my case...showed a little recent history at least.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 charge offs on my reports. They are all paid, but dont come off for another 5 years. I have GW'd them but no luck for a year now. They are Cap1, Credit One, and Merrick. From what I have seen, 3 of the hardest ones. I have no problem using a secured card, but its just the initial deposits are tough to do at this time. Im only trying to rebuild my credit, not run up new cards. Also, finding secured cards besides SDFCU, that dont do income verification is proving tough.

* Is there a rough estimate on how far off the Eliminate ID Theft Fako scores are from your real ones? I highly doubt my real scores are anywhere near what those show. How do I get my actual Fico Scores?

Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 3 charge offs on my reports. They are all paid, but dont come off for another 5 years. I have GW'd them but no luck for a year now. They are Cap1, Credit One, and Merrick. From what I have seen, 3 of the hardest ones. I have no problem using a secured card, but its just the initial deposits are tough to do at this time. Im only trying to rebuild my credit, not run up new cards. Also, finding secured cards besides SDFCU, that dont do income verification is proving tough.

* Is there a rough estimate on how far off the Eliminate ID Theft Fako scores are from your real ones? I highly doubt my real scores are anywhere near what those show. How do I get my actual Fico Scores?

Could be +- 100 or more you cannot depend on the MPM scores, they are the TU new accounts model by the way, no one uses them to make credit decisions. Once you get established there are some cards you can get that will give you free Ficos

EQ: Join DCU check/savings or savings/CC combo gives Fico 04 every month

TU: Discover, Walmart & Barclays gives Fico 08

EX: FNBO gives Fico 08 Bankcard, if you live in PA can join PSECU which gives Fico 04

There are other cards that give free Ficos as well seems a lot are getting on the bandwagon these are the ones I am familiar with.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.