Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing my credit mess-in hopes of getting into a home asap

tag
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Fixing my credit mess-in hopes of getting into a home asap

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I just got off the phone with Lane Bryant. They told me I could be considered current with payment of $369, but I paid whole thing off anyway. I asked them to confirm that the payment will make my account current, and remain open with good standing, and she said yes, but it usually takes 30-45 days to reflect that. I also asked (because no harm in asking) if they would remove any of the past lates on the report, and she said yes, but again, we need to wait 30-45 days. Hope that's all true...

I also just signed up for the trial ScoreWatch, so I could get my FICO. I like Equifax's score much better lol. I currently (with LB still on there as bad) have 570 with Equifax and 528 with Transunion (bought that one so I'd have a better idea of where I stand).

Score simulator has me as potentially over 570-590 on Equifax and potentially 578-618 on Transunion just from that update. Not considering dealing with Sallie Mae

Funny Equifax doesn't show that silly tax lien that's on TU (the one that I paid a long time ago)...

So there's check mark #1 off the list. Smiley Happy

Paying in full was def. the right call in this situation... sounds like they will removed the late fees, but if they don't, it gives you some decent GW ammunition since you made whole of the debt you owed, that always looks good!

Plus, sounds like the account w/ be active and current, so thats great too!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fixing my credit mess-in hopes of getting into a home asap

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I just got off the phone with Lane Bryant. They told me I could be considered current with payment of $369, but I paid whole thing off anyway. I asked them to confirm that the payment will make my account current, and remain open with good standing, and she said yes, but it usually takes 30-45 days to reflect that. I also asked (because no harm in asking) if they would remove any of the past lates on the report, and she said yes, but again, we need to wait 30-45 days. Hope that's all true...

I also just signed up for the trial ScoreWatch, so I could get my FICO. I like Equifax's score much better lol. I currently (with LB still on there as bad) have 570 with Equifax and 528 with Transunion (bought that one so I'd have a better idea of where I stand).

Score simulator has me as potentially over 570-590 on Equifax and potentially 578-618 on Transunion just from that update. Not considering dealing with Sallie Mae

Funny Equifax doesn't show that silly tax lien that's on TU (the one that I paid a long time ago)...

So there's check mark #1 off the list. Smiley Happy

Paying in full was def. the right call in this situation... sounds like they will removed the late fees, but if they don't, it gives you some decent GW ammunition since you made whole of the debt you owed, that always looks good!

Plus, sounds like the account w/ be active and current, so thats great too!

-scott

Yeah glad it's taken care of. Especially since I only originally actually charged like $150 on it, but between making minimum payments, and all of the fees for the derogatory status, etc., it probably ended up costing me an extra $300 or so. So that's kinda lame. Now I need to investigate as to whether LB will just deduct the payments automatically from my account monthly. So much easier that way. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.