cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing my credit to get lease on a car and more cards.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixing my credit to get lease on a car and more cards.

Ok so I have a Aaoa of 1.6 years with my oldest account being 5 years old. Most of my items are student loans from going back to school. Im fluctuating between 642-664 with one credit card that is mine and AA on 2 others. I need atleast a 670 to lease a car. The bad is I have a charge off from a bank account about 4 years old, a collection that is 3 years old but the new CA said it was as of 6 moths ago..... and an account t mobile wont close that I never opened in jan of 2012. Me and my father have the same name and he has tmobile so I dunno.... I started last year with a 484 fico score and I'm at the level I am at now I just want to know what kind of impact are these baddies going to make for my CR and what else can I do to get to atleast 670+ my utl is currently approx 51% on the 3 cards combined though discover hasn't showed that its paid off it still shows 2700 balance... 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Fixing my credit to get lease on a car and more cards.

For the T-Mobile, do a direct dispute with them under FCRA 623(a)(8).  They are required to investigate and make corrections and notify you within 30 days of their findings. Give them as much detail and documentation you can provide to substantiate your dispute.

51% is way to high.  Is Discover one that you are an AU on?  Your overall utilization should be around 9% for best scores.  For the best results, 2 cards should report a 0 balance and the other report 9% or below.

The collection is only 6 months old to the new CA.  That is the date it was sold or assigned to them.  It is still a 3 year old collection.

For the bank and the collection, if they are yours and don't dispute anything about them, you can offer a pay for delete to see if they will remove them.

How old are the AU cards?  Any lates?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fixing my credit to get lease on a car and more cards.

cards are from 07 and 06 no lates ever. the other debts are mine and i only got 1 to agree to a pfd but over the phone, so kinda unsure on trusting them. Im Au on discover and on PNC bank, my only card is a cap one,  I have a car loan through GMAC this is my 3rd loan for a car but interest rate is 16% cause of teh shake credit. MY TU is showing the 3 baddies but eq is only showing one for 921 which i know ill need to pay. Im looking to get a car though hyundai and the require a 670 and i have no idea who they would pull if they pull EQ ill be ok, dunno about ex. and I am also curious should i apply to walmart for the tu fico or leave cards alone til i get the car. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.