cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing my credit

tag
anthonyjohnson

Fixing my credit

Ok I have 6 cards at 90% utilization. No lates in 3 years on any. I have a judgement for a auto repo. The repo was 4 years ago. They have not taken any collection action on the judgement. I have a Verizon collection and a medical collection the total on both of those is under $1k. I have a credit card charge off 3 or 4 years ago only about $400 and a few closed loans with a few lates on them but paid in full. I GW them but they won't do anything. Is it better to pay the cc down or the delinquent accounts except the judgement. All three of my scores are about 510
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
aces33
New Contributor

Re: Fixing my credit

90%... man pay down your cards and stop using them. Far as the collections pay for delete letter. As far as the CO might have to wait that out. Even though i would still send GW letters. But first get the 90% down to 50% it'll boost your score.

Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Fixing my credit

@anthonyjohnson wrote:
Ok I have 6 cards at 90% utilization. No lates in 3 years on any. I have a judgement for a auto repo. The repo was 4 years ago. They have not taken any collection action on the judgement. I have a Verizon collection and a medical collection the total on both of those is under $1k. I have a credit card charge off 3 or 4 years ago only about $400 and a few closed loans with a few lates on them but paid in full. I GW them but they won't do anything. Is it better to pay the cc down or the delinquent accounts except the judgement. All three of my scores are about 510

Welcome to the forum

IMHO focus on paying down your CC debt at 90% UTL you don't need any adverse effects from your lenders such as CLD's.

While your doing that focus on GW letters and working on your file (CR)

During this process scores should increase some but don't expect large jumps but what's hurting you now is the baddies and UTL..

The more UTL comes down and baddies you have success with the more your scores will increase.

Best wishes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.