NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

Floating on Cloud 9 right now

Today has been a Good Day(TM). Smiley Very Happy

I got notified that 5 of my baddies will either be settled, paid or removed:

• FP (DOFD 10/2008) - balance $486, settled $275
  • PF (DOFD 07/2012) - balance $438, PIF $339
  • Plains Commerce Bank - CO balance $466, DELETED due to 623 dispute
  • Salute Visa - CO balance $1131, DELETED due to FTC/Jefferson Capital/Compucredit case
  • Western Control Service - old community college bill for $248, will be recalled and deleted (no questions asked)

Combine this with the other deletions that occured in the last week:

• EOS-CCA - 2 old ATT cell phone accounts, sent email to corporate office of CA and they mysteriously disappeared
  • GC Services - CA for old PGE electric bill from my last apt in California, PIF to OC and it was gone despite fact I was told this could not be done

I can't wait to see what my new FICO will be (I know it was 567 with TU as of 3/15)! I would love to get my membership card to the 600 club, but I'll try not to get ahead of myself.

I just want to say a big, warm, heartfelt thanks to everyone who has helped me get these baddies resolved for better or worse. And to anyone else trying to muddle through this, the tactics and advice here really do work. I got 8 bad items updated in the last two weeks for just the cost of some postage and time to write a few letters. I'm not done yet though, but I now have the confidence and determination to see this process through.

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Floating on Cloud 9 right now

Definitely know that feeling. Just in a few weeks I was also able to remove an Amex Charge Off, two Capital One lates, multiple inquiries. Now the only baddie remaining is Bank of America which I'm currently putting plans together for my next line of action. Tell us how much points your score increases when it updates. Congrats btw!!

Message 2 of 5
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@NWintellectual wrote:

Today has been a Good Day(TM). Smiley Very Happy

I got notified that 5 of my baddies will either be settled, paid or removed:

• FP (DOFD 10/2008) - balance $486, settled $275
  • PF (DOFD 07/2012) - balance $438, PIF $339
  • Plains Commerce Bank - CO balance $466, DELETED due to 623 dispute
  • Salute Visa - CO balance $1131, DELETED due to FTC/Jefferson Capital/Compucredit case
  • Western Control Service - old community college bill for $248, will be recalled and deleted (no questions asked)

Combine this with the other deletions that occured in the last week:

• EOS-CCA - 2 old ATT cell phone accounts, sent email to corporate office of CA and they mysteriously disappeared
  • GC Services - CA for old PGE electric bill from my last apt in California, PIF to OC and it was gone despite fact I was told this could not be done

I can't wait to see what my new FICO will be (I know it was 567 with TU as of 3/15)! I would love to get my membership card to the 600 club, but I'll try not to get ahead of myself.

I just want to say a big, warm, heartfelt thanks to everyone who has helped me get these baddies resolved for better or worse. And to anyone else trying to muddle through this, the tactics and advice here really do work. I got 8 bad items updated in the last two weeks for just the cost of some postage and time to write a few letters. I'm not done yet though, but I now have the confidence and determination to see this process through.

Congratulations on your success!   Smiley Happy   Keep up with Great work!   I am sure you will be a member of the 600 club!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 3 of 5
Season79
Contributor

Great news!! keep up the good work Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
alvon123
Super Contributor

Great job!!! Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.