Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focus Receivables Management update

tag
SirTilus
Contributor

Focus Receivables Management update

A few weeks ago I sent this CA a DV letter and made sure it was certified etc. I also did a dispute with TU as I was determined to get this thing knocked off since it was not my doing...I'll own up to my mess but that definately was the work of someone else...nonetheless, I followed up with them today with a phone call and apparently Time Warner (the said original creditor) recalled the information and on October 26th, Focus submitted a request to delete this collections item from my credit report! Awesome sauce!!!! My wife had the same issue with Focus an Time Warner on her credit report which we thought was pretty weird. When I asked about her info, he tried pulling it up multiple times and nothing even popped up under her name...guessing the same thing happened. Has anyone else have this happen to them? Can't wait for the update on our reports...my other question is...if Time Warner recalled this info from them, why would the CA update the credit bureaus and get the info accurate? This has been sitting on my report since late last year and I just found out about it...anyway I'm actually having fun tackling these road blocks...this marathon is looking very promising!

KT

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SirTilus
Contributor

Re: Focus Receivables Management update

Today I received a letter from Focus confirming that they submitted an official request to have this collections account deleted from my CR. They mentioned in the letter it could take 1-5 days...can't wait!!! :-)

When the delete happens, will I have to wait on Sunday to see the update or will I get an alert from CK or CreditCheck Total?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Focus Receivables Management update

You might get an alert over the weekend - I have before.......however, I usually just wait and pull reports on Monday.  I have access to printer then and I keep paper copies of the new reports.......

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.